A-Z Restaurant equipment

Does Anyone know where would be a good start on the web or literature to learn to repair ovens,fryers,blenders and other restaurant equipment?

Trying to ge int the Hot Side of the Biz.

TIA

You can get parts breakdown and spec sheets from any manufacturers website. One website that has alot of the manufacturers parts breakdowns in one place would be Parts Town. The major manufacturers to focus on would be Frymaster/Hatco/Pitco/Garland/Prince Castle, etc.

there are 2 really good books out there : "how to fix gas cooking equipment" and "how to fix electric cooking equipment" that are well written and easy to understand. the books explain infinite controls, gas valves, etc. and were a big help to me.

Quote Originally Posted by rctech View Post
    Does Anyone know where would be a good start on the web or literature to learn to repair ovens,fryers,blenders and other restaurant equipment?

Trying to ge int the Hot Side of the Biz.

TIA
    Last answer was kinda correct but..........Keeping Your ELECTRIC Restaurant Equipment Cooking by Don Walker (1999), and (same title but GAS instead of electric) by same author. Last price he offered was $59.95 for BOTH, incl. S&H. Hope this helps...they sure were to me when I first started! Kevin
    PS: phone number for ordering 775-348-7118 (Walker Publishing)
    Last edited by kitchenfixer; 10-07-2009 at 06:07 PM. Reason: forgot info.

i just bought the electric one for $20.00 at johnstone.
    its pretty good