Rheem RGRL Gas Furnace

Well, it was cool enough today, so I tested out the furnace for the first time. The low fire is coming in at a temp rise of about 30.. the spec range is 25-55, so it's a little low, but within range. When it kicks to high fire, it only gets to a temp rise of about 41, with a spec range of 35-65 and then the burner kicks off without the thermostat being satisfied. There are no error codes indicating limit being open, so what else could possibly be causing the burner to shut off before thermostat satisfied? I checked the combustion and exhaust flues and they are clear.

First thing is first...

Use a jumper instead of a thermostat. You'll know in a hurry if it's something in the cabinet or in the control circuit.

Quote Originally Posted by docholiday View Post
    First thing is first...

Use a jumper instead of a thermostat. You'll know in a hurry if it's something in the cabinet or in the control circuit.
    Turns out it was open limit. I finally figured out the blinking light codes. I reset the breaker and seems to be fine now.

The real question is which limit opened, and why?

The problem will most likely recur
    General public's attitude towards our energy predicament: "I reject the reality of finite resource depletion and substitute it with my own; energy is infinite, we just need an alternative storage medium to run the cars on. The economy can grow indefinitely - we just need to "green" everything! Technology is energy! Peak what?"

Quote Originally Posted by amd View Post
    The real question is which limit opened, and why?

The problem will most likely recur
    I think it happened because I had pulled the limit to test the static pressure using that access hole. Must have tripped it.