Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by amickracing View Post
    Are you right or left handed? Worst case, your married and left handed.. this could lead to some lonely nights!

Haha, I crack myself up.

I'm curious to hear what has to be said here. I fell on the 28th of July and broke my back. They sent me to work at light duty, paying full hours even though I'm not able to do hardly anything and a few days were very short. Luckily I think mine will heal up and leave me at 100% or very minimally disabled. Yours sounds much worse.
    LOL... yeah your a funny man!

SO how are you doing? Didnt see an update in the forum... but then maybe I didnt look far enough down the list.
    Hope you are feeling at least a little bit better!
    Silent Service........ Death From Below!

Somewhere in Kansas, a town found a village idiot!

I would say this, that your decisions to get the work slip from the doc was encouraged by the employer, and so this led to a series of mistakes that you made as well as incorrect choices along the way in duress as the uncertainty of income to provide for your family was hanging in the balance.

The courts understand this complicated duress I have been told and are quite sympathetic. It's not like your fully capable and trying to not work. Your showing no fraudulent tendencies, and your company is showing coercive defensive strategies the courts will not look favorable upon. They indeed have choices, but it's a choice they are making to avoid something due you. Your actions show . Your not fully capable and trying to do what you can but it's now apparent your not gonna be affective.

I think you find a good attorney now. Right now.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

Contact a Workers Comp. attorney. Workers Comp premiums are based on the company's claims. No claims equals low premiums. Protect yourself because the company is trying to protect themselves. Do not do anything against your doctors directions. Admirable as your intentions are, you will be the only one that suffers. You have now become a financial liability. When healthy, you contributed to the company's profits. Now you are bring nothing in so you now become a loss.

Get a photo of the jobsite unless they have already taken steps to make it more safe. You can bet someone by now already has the "before" photos.

The question is, Would a reasonably careful person on this jobsite also have had an accident? If so, Would an extremely careful worker also have had an accident on this jobsite? If the answer is yes to both, the insurance company might be on your side.

As productivity goes up, safety goes down. It has to. I've seen graphs for this on TV, and economists study this stuff.
    And how much safety workers are willing to sacrifice for productivity is not the same place on the curve as what companies are willing to sacrifice for productivity. It's a mostly a zero-sum game.

If this company starts acting like Tony Soprano you might ask an attorney exactly what you can say about this company in public; that is, on the Internet.

I don't know about OSHA. They could be "captive."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regulatory_capture

lately this has come up with Amick and now you. I was asking in the thread amick started about the way these things should go, supposed to go, and what people and business do to play nice or evil or what ever. The ins and the outs.

It seems were all a little OUTHOUSE Lawyer about this. I hope everyone can learn the way these things should properly be handled so a poor guy doesn't do one thing that affects his financial future for the rest of his life.

And if you get hurt like this, I mean there is a bunch of things happening at once, not to mention a lack of a regular pay check abruptly stopping for the time being until it all gets worked out, your in pain, you may be dealing with the prospect of not being fully 100% again ever, which can affect whether you need to find a new line of work. You went from 100 miles an hour at work, to now, 0 miles an hour waiting to heal and mend. I can't stand being off for more than a few days. I have to do something.

I mean I don't think I have to say it to everyone here, but I will. There is a lot at stake. You put years of sweat, money, knowledge and experience to invest in your self to become a decent earning good money technician and then one day you hurt yourself and BOOM, your done. And to know that some employers could turn on a dime to save their own a$$ and forget about your well being also. That all going down at once. That is no joke.

That isn't any joke.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

http://home.myfairpoint.net/netra709/pictures/wrist.JPG
    Figured I would take a pic while I changed the dressings today. You know what raised a flag with me, that something wasn't right with them when I got hurt? I called in on the nextel about 15mins after i broke it, told them it was busted, knocked off to the side, looked like hell. They insisted that I go to this concentrix place, claimed it was like a walkin emergency room. Went up there, blew a breathalizer, took a piss test, and then the people there told me there was nothing else they could do for me, and I should go to a emergency room. Added about 3 hrs on before I saw real medical care, but thats alright I'm just a service tech.

dude, that's pretty dicey my man. Jeez Lo Petes.

Looks like one anchor is in the metacarpals
    http://home.comcast.net/~wnor/lesson5palmofhand.htm
    the other in the ulna, but it might be in the radius.

And your wrist looks swollen.
    http://medical-dictionary.thefreedic...m/brawny+edema
    ?

When they pull the pins out you might feel an electrical tingle, regardless of what they might tell you. My guy, who charged four kilobucks per hour, used needle nose pliers.

I broke both knuckles on the ring finger of my left hand. They healed but fused. I could not use my hand because the finger sticking straight out got in the way. I went to the doctor and told them to cut the finger off because it was affecting my job. They had a better idea. Sent me to an orthopedic surgeon. He rebroke my knuckles, hurt like hel1 and reset them. It bends okay now but there is no feeling in it except in the winter when it throbs. You can be put back together, just don't rush and do what the doctor says, not you company.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThat? View Post
    Looks like one anchor is in the metacarpals
    http://home.comcast.net/~wnor/lesson5palmofhand.htm
    the other in the ulna, but it might be in the radius.

And your wrist looks swollen.
    http://medical-dictionary.thefreedic...m/brawny+edema
    ?

When they pull the pins out you might feel an electrical tingle, regardless of what they might tell you. My guy, who charged four kilobucks per hour, used needle nose pliers.
    That sounds like fun. Do you know if the studs for the fixator are threaded in? Can't imagine unscrewing them will be pleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by nesc522 View Post
    I know, I thought I was smarter than that.
    Learn from this experience, hopefully things will work out.
    I wish I could say more to help you out.
    The Bill of Rights ARTICLE II "The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms Shall NOT be Infringed".
    [SIZE="4"]

Quote Originally Posted by nesc522 View Post
    That sounds like fun. Do you know if the studs for the fixator are threaded in? Can't imagine unscrewing them will be pleasant.
    Fixator? I thought it was a UHF antenna. . .
    http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...a%3DN%26um%3D1

This one
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...al_Fixator.JPG
    is definitely in the radius.

I guess they're screwed in.
    http://img.medscape.com/pi/emed/ckb/...69987-2334.jpg
    Drilling the pilot hole doesn't sound like much fun, either.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12