Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 14 to 24 of 24
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    White Lake, MI
    Posts
    973
    Quote Originally Posted by whec720 View Post
    If it is not the official cause of death, why make this public? Why do we always have to smear people......even after they are dead? You want to know what is "dead" in our society today?

    Privacy and dignity.
    I am right with you. I find it wierd that others get a chuckle out of this.

    I think we have a coroner jealous with all the Jackson publicity - He wanted some for himself. Screw the family left behind.

  2. #15
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    4,356
    Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    According to the posted link

    "The Hillsborough County medical examiner's office released the results of its autopsy on Friday, finding that cocaine use had contributed to the heart disease that suddenly killed the 50-year-old in June."

    That looks official enough to me.
    I don't know man, eating at McDonalds once a week contributes to heart disease too, so does smoking and a host of other things.

    Doesn't sound official to me, just speculative. Again, why release this to the public?
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    -Abraham Lincoln

  3. #16
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    4,356
    Quote Originally Posted by forged alloy View Post
    I am right with you. I find it wierd that others get a chuckle out of this.

    I think we have a coroner jealous with all the Jackson publicity - He wanted some for himself. Screw the family left behind.
    I think we are in the minority on this one, forged. I guess the reasoning is that, because he had celebrity status, anything goes. Its okay to treat him like dirt. Even though he never did anything to us.....well....besides pay too much for OxyClean.

    See.....now I'm doing it!

    Seriously, may you rest in peace, Billy. You deserved better than a tabloid headline.
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    -Abraham Lincoln

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    4,018
    Quote Originally Posted by whec720 View Post
    I don't know man, eating at McDonalds once a week contributes to heart disease too, so does smoking and a host of other things.

    Doesn't sound official to me, just speculative. Again, why release this to the public?
    I'm all for respect and privacy and don't get any pleasure from Billy Mays passing. And as others have stated that comes with the territory of fame and fortune.

    And if the Medical examiner who I'm thinkin knows more about this than us thinks that cocaine contributed to his death then so be it.

    Years ago Cocaine was thought of as a "designer drug" for the rich and famous with no consequences. That was proven to be wrong some time ago. Cocaine is in fact a dangerous drug.

    If it gets even one kid to think twice before doing a drug like cocaine then to me its a good thing.

  5. #18
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    4,356
    Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    I'm all for respect and privacy and don't get any pleasure from Billy Mays passing. And as others have stated that comes with the territory of fame and fortune.

    And if the Medical examiner who I'm thinkin knows more about this than us thinks that cocaine contributed to his death then so be it.

    Years ago Cocaine was thought of as a "designer drug" for the rich and famous with no consequences. That was proven to be wrong some time ago. Cocaine is in fact a dangerous drug.

    If it gets even one kid to think twice before doing a drug like cocaine then to me its a good thing.
    No argument on the dangers of cocaine. I certainly do not advocate its use, or any other illegal drug, for that matter.

    I always thought the coroner had to release the cause of death, not what "contributed" to it. Of course, I might be wrong on that. I usually am..........according to my wife..
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    -Abraham Lincoln

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    2,111
    Quote Originally Posted by whec720 View Post
    ...................... Of course, I might be wrong on that. I usually am..........according to my wife..
    Now that brings up another question......."If a man speaks in the woods alone, and no woman hears him, is he wrong?"
    "FIGHT CRIME: SHOOT BACK"

  7. #20
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    4,356
    Quote Originally Posted by srmfsr View Post
    Now that brings up another question......."If a man speaks in the woods alone, and no woman hears him, is he wrong?"
    It depends if she knew you were in the woods at the time.
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
    -Abraham Lincoln

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    41
    I bet he drank 20 redbulls a day too. Didn't this guy just come back from a business trip the day he died? Too bad the toxicology report can't show other things like excessive hooker usage . Hahahahaha!!! KA-BOOM!

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    23

    Driving

    Driving that Trane....high on cocaine...Billie Mays you better watch your speed

  10. #23
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Colorado flatland native
    Posts
    15,067
    Quote Originally Posted by forged alloy View Post
    I am right with you. I find it wierd that others get a chuckle out of this.
    I would have gone to his burial just to make sure he was really dead. I didnt like the guy. Yea, it's funny!
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

  11. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Spartanburg/Greenville South Carolina
    Posts
    134

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    It was oxy clean

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event