Question Static pressure test: new hvac install

Do manufacturers provide installers with the appropriate operating parameters for their units so after installation it can be verified that it is within the proper range?

Yes. In fact new units should have many of the relevant parameters labeled near the service ports. Also, they are available from most HVAC distributors and manufacturers' literature. Competent installers should have all this information in-hand before showing up for the installation.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Yes, however some brands are "limited" on the info. and suspect as to the accuracy,but it's likely close enough to do a good job.

Thanks guys. Will have the installer verify in writing that the proper tests were performed and are within mfg. spec, in writing. When i say proper i assume static pressure test, but are their others of importance?

Quote Originally Posted by ajc99z View Post
    Thanks guys. Will have the installer verify in writing that the proper tests were performed and are within mfg. spec, in writing. When i say proper i assume static pressure test, but are their others of importance?
    For proper system refrigerant charge: superheat and subcooling should be checked and documented.

Good luck.