where to but a GE h10 leak detector?

I googled up GE h10 and it seems like 4 or 5 other companies manufacture the same style of leak detector and call it h10.

everyone is saying GE h10 is the way to go, but where can I find one? Also, are any of the other brands besides GE any good?

Looked on ebay and craigslist hoping to find me a good deal, but no go

i ditto jp. i guess the license expires after (x) years. multipule manufacturers have put their name on the instrument. and i believe you can add bacharach and johnson penn to the list. haven't owned the cordless, but have had many corded versions. the best detector on the market

I've had nothing but problems with Bacharach/Yokagowa cordless units. I'll stick with the corded ones from now on.

The best way to get one is buy a used one send it in and they will either fix it or sell you a "refurbished" one

I had one that I bought in 1980, for $144 (still had the receipt in the flap on the lid) I sent it to the factory for repair, they said it was obsolete, but I could buy a refurbished one for $140 (in 2005)

The refurbished one looked like it was brand new and had a one year warranty on it

And yes the plug in ones were the best ever built

Hold on fellas.........

When I was very wet behind the ears, I bought a H10 because my mentor swore by his...

I bought a Tiff H10....POS. sent it back, they send brand new one. no better.

A year later, I find myself in sales talking to the Tiff sales rep...

"Well Steve, what can I do to gain your confidence?"

"Give me my money back"

He laughed and said the best he could do was send me a brand new one..It worked no better......

I now have an original G.E. 120V that has been refurbished and a Johnson/Penn H10 Pro battery operated...
    Yes they have been under several names since G.E., they are all not the same...

"Value our Differences"

Quote Originally Posted by stephy View Post
    Hold on fellas.........

When I was very wet behind the ears, I bought a H10 because my mentor swore by his...

I bought a Tiff H10....POS. sent it back, they send brand new one. no better.

A year later, I find myself in sales talking to the Tiff sales rep...

"Well Steve, what can I do to gain your confidence?"

"Give me my money back"

He laughed and said the best he could do was send me a brand new one..It worked no better......

I now have an original G.E. 120V that has been refurbished and a Johnson/Penn H10 Pro battery operated...
    Yes they have been under several names since G.E., they are all not the same...

TIF says it all. I'll pass on anything they sell. I just don't like 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    TIF says it all. I'll pass on anything they sell. I just don't like 'em.
    ditto