Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Tool Bag

I just got a cheap ($15) combo tool bag from Home Cheapo the other day. It is made by WorkForce and comes with one of the square open top bags and a larger duffel type bag. I am only using the small one right now and I have basic hand tools and Impact driver in it, I was thinking I could put Hammer drill, extra batteries, charger, and other bigger tools in the other bag. It was cheap and I needed something to store the tools in, it may not last long but it's working for now.

Quote Originally Posted by dardin37 View Post
    I am not just a tool fanatic...but also a fanatic about what I put my tools in. I really love canvas open tool bags where I can see everything. What do you all prefer and like? I cant afford the real nice canvas or leather ones so I have to replace mine at least once a year from. Any suggestions?? Would love to find an old linemans canvas or leather bag.

I use a five gallon bucket with 2" and 3" PVC pipe screwed to the perimeter of the inside of the bucket. I varied the length to fit the different tools that I needed to keep in them. In the center I keep a Fluke 87 VOM and electronic thermometer. In the top 4" of the bucket I keep one of those stackable bucket dividers that you can buy at Home Depot,I screwed three eyelets into the side of the bucket to suspend the divider. You can also buy removable plastic tops for the buckets that will keep everything dry if it rains and it also makes a great seat. The last thing I did was put a section of thick garden hose over the handle to make it easy on your hand to carry
    I have been using the same bucket for five years.
    "Paddle faster, I hear banjo music"

Quote Originally Posted by jayhawker View Post
    I use a five gallon bucket with 2" and 3" PVC pipe screwed to the perimeter of the inside of the bucket. I varied the length to fit the different tools that I needed to keep in them. In the center I keep a Fluke 87 VOM and electronic thermometer. In the top 4" of the bucket I keep one of those stackable bucket dividers that you can buy at Home Depot,I screwed three eyelets into the side of the bucket to suspend the divider. You can also buy removable plastic tops for the buckets that will keep everything dry if it rains and it also makes a great seat. The last thing I did was put a section of thick garden hose over the handle to make it easy on your hand to carry
    like to see pictures
    If you help others then you are a Success

Quote Originally Posted by fcs View Post
    I have my tools broke down in a coulpe bag One I refer to a my frist bag. mostly meter, psy, temp meter, and all small stuff you always need. 6 in 1. a frist full of stock ect..,

The rest is in other bags sorted by what they do it keeps my bags liter and I can (if I need) care 3 or 4 bags at one time.
    I sometimes do the same thing but generally I just rope up the veto and set it on the roof, come and get stuff as I need it. Damn bag is pretty heavy for sure.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

man im looking all these bags on amazon and they all look average or like **** except for the veto bags. wish i had the money at the time.

I got tired of lugging the heavy Veto around for every service call. I picked up a small bag at Lowes for about 5 bucks and put the basics in it. If it's aserious call out comes the Veto along with the customers wallet. Strangly enough the small bag keeps gaining weight about time to put it on a dite.
    Certified,qualified and can do it cause were used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by fcs View Post
    like to see pictures
    x2

Quote Originally Posted by cobitech View Post
    http://www.kleintools.com/onlinecata...dex-TOOLS.html

I have a co-worker who has one of these and it looks durable enough with a molded bottom.

This will be my next tool bag purchase.
    link is to homepage not anything specific.

Quote Originally Posted by jayhawker View Post
    I third the wanting to see pictures.

I use a bucket with a pretty nice bag set up that I got from sears, it works out well, has 56? tool slots, plus some spots for pens/pencils etc. and there is a slot which fits my craftsman kit (clamp on meter, infrared thermometer, voltage tester. Plus has room in the middle for everything else. I bought a lid, so if it rains, it keeps my electric tools safer =)

had a Veto XL. It weighed in at 46 pounds, configured for hvac.
    Put a plumbing set of tools in there, and you'd look like Quasimodo dragging it around the job.

Here is a picture or two of the second riggers bag I've acquired over the years. It's light, and it can be dunked into a bath of water and nu-brite periodically to remove the grime.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    It's great to be alive and pumping oxygen!

just got this in the mail today. damn good bag. a little bigger than i expected but it will hold everything and then some.

http://www.amazon.com/Custom-Leather...0882413&sr=8-1

Quote Originally Posted by GetYourShineBox View Post
    just got this in the mail today. damn good bag. a little bigger than i expected but it will hold everything and then some.

http://www.amazon.com/Custom-Leather...0882413&sr=8-1

Nice looking bag, how sturdy does it feel?

toe tap2
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas-Tech View Post
    Veto LC, you don't need anything else. If it's to heavy then either buff up or take some of the tools you don't need out.

They don't get wet or fall when ropin-up, unless you let it happen.

One of the best features is the plastic bottom you can set it in the snow or puddle!
    NO Brains NO Headaches

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast