Weird how things happen sometimes ...

I'm so glad that refrigeration found me ... I love my job! I was 30 and had no idea what I wanted to be when I grew up ... I used to work at a refrigeration wholesaler ... became good friends with a tech over the counter who said that I was too smart to be behind the counter. He put in a good word for me at a reputable shop in town ... and bam I was in! I honestly don't think that I could have hand picked a better career! Haven't looked back since I started ... just shy of 2 years now and I can't get enough information or experience. Stumbled upon this site looking for technical information that will help me with my second period of technical training that I'm taking in a few months (which is why I'm here rambling so that I can get my posts up and become a pro member). So "hi" and thanks for reading my story ... I look forward to learning a bunch here

Welcome.... and have no fear! Info is abundant here! LOL... love my rhyme?
    Plenty of info and help all around. Congrats on being happy at what you do!
    (but there will be days that its the other way around! )
    Silent Service........ Death From Below!

Somewhere in Kansas, a town found a village idiot!

Thanks! I'm glad to hear that (nice rhyme btw)

I understand completely. Sure there's some days I hate my job, or it hates me (not sure which way it goes sometimes), but it's nice to not hate your job.

Enjoy it, keep reading here, and have fun
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

I have learned a lot here already. This is the first job I have had that I actually enjoy going to, To bad I had to wait till I was 54 to find it. I worked at a John Deere dealer for 25 yrs. 13 as mech. 12 as parts manager, then got layed off. then worked building maint. at an airport 4 got layed off, then got this one. worked on hvac for years, so 2 yrs ago took some courses to refresh and got my EPA cert. And I love it of course I have take some bad with the good. Welcome & Thanks God bless

You've got your post count at 15+ so be sure and apply for pro status. You will LOVE the education forums.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Sounds like your doing better then some of us.
    I've been doing this for 15 + years and still don't know if this is what I'll be doing when I grow up!

I'm glad to hear that the education forums are great! It's also nice to hear about people enjoying their work ... so many people complain too much and never do anything about it.

Heck who am I kidding ... I don't really wanna grow up ... and it seems that there is potential to be a great technician and a big kid

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigal View Post
    I don't really wanna grow up
    My last b-day, Mom called to wish me a happy 30th. I kinda chewed her out! I'm 29+1. 30 sounds old, and if I'm old pretty soon I'll have to be responsible, have a career... all that jazz. I'm content being a young whipper snapper too!
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

I keep finding more and more of my customers living in "Never, Never Land". I"ve merely decided to join them!

Enjoy what you do, and you'll never work a day in your life =)