+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Niagara Ax - Question on Px

Post Likes

Niagara Ax - Question on Px

In order to view the value only (removing the status) of a boundd label, you have to add the property, /out/value, to the ord... but the problem is, this will affect the "status effect" (color and blink) of the point (the bound label will not change color nor blink when point goes in alarm)....

Question is, is ther any other way to configure the bound label to show only the value but will retain the status effect of the point..... TIA

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vensev View Post
    In order to view the value only (removing the status) of a boundd label, you have to add the property, /out/value, to the ord... but the problem is, this will affect the "status effect" (color and blink) of the point (the bound label will not change color nor blink when point goes in alarm)....

Question is, is ther any other way to configure the bound label to show only the value but will retain the status effect of the point..... TIA
    Add another value binding to your bound label with the ord path you want ...and select that binding in the drop down for your animation/effects.

Post Likes
    Thanks... Great stuff!

Post Likes
    Why not just leave the parent ord and animate the text as %out.value%

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Worthingt View Post
    Why not just leave the parent ord and animate the text as %out.value%
    Because then you don't get the status color scheme(s).. like in the point view.

Post Likes
    All mine turn yellow, purple whatever this way,,,, not following

Is this not what were looking for stale/overridden status colors minus the "OK at 10 or where ever" ?

Post Likes
    All mine turn yellow, purple whatever this way,,,, not following

Is this not what were looking for stale/overridden status colors minus the "OK at 10 or where ever" ?
    How can you get that with just the out/value? you need the out/status to animate the way he wants?

Post Likes
    The text displayed is the %out.value% of the ord, the status looks at the ord.

If you have the ord as point/out/value you do not get the status.

if you use the ord as the point you get the other BS,,, OK at where ever

Post Likes
    Got to animate the text as %out.value%

Post Likes
    Chris is right on this. I've stripped the status flag by using the %out.value% text and as long as the status effect is not set to none you still get the clolor and/or blink functions. The status effect property of the label has to be set correctly, thats where I would look first if its not working as Chris described.

Post Likes
    I've dinked with it a bit, and still don't see what your saying. My way works as well...to me it seems more straightforward.

Post Likes
    Like this,,,,,

Your way adds an extra step

Post Likes
    Like this,,,,,

Your way adds an extra step
    I did that ..with no effect....I tried in 3.3..could that be it?

Post Likes
    Oh crap..I was doing it on the forground and not the text....Thanks Chris.

Post Likes
    If anyone is still wondering about it I found the solution:
    1: The default for the bound label text output is %.%. Change this to %out.value%. Make sure the ord is pointing to the point only and not the OUT of the point.
    2: change the status effect to Color only. Blinking is annoying as it will stay blinking until the alarm is acknowledged.
    3: now you need to animate the "background". Right click and animate it, change the Converter type to "Fixed Simple" and, for me.., if its just a value like return air temperature I'll pick white. If it is a setpoint I'll pick a light blue color.

Now if the point goes into fault, etc it will change to orange and back to a white background when corrected. My setpoint value will turn purple if overridden and back to light blue when released.

Post Likes
    Chris,
    it's been almost 9 frickin' years and you're still taking me to school. The Tridium folks engineered this stuff so minutely it blows my mind sometimes. I'm sure people teach classes just on how to load graphics into N4 or AX due to the complication. Now I see why so many AHUs and Rooftops are repeated when we pick up contracts.

Doing something from scratch could make you pull your hair out!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in