Thread: Infinity HP

Post Likes

Infinity HP

Did Carrier upgrade some of their HP's with regard to there Seer rating's ? I seem to recall a flyer I received a few months ago where they listed a Infinity 15 or 16 seer HP and a 19 Seer ? Now today I received a flyer on there Hybrid Heating and they now list a 17 Seer and 21 Seer HP in reference to their HP's is this correct or am I just remembering things differently ?

Post Likes
    With fan coils you get higher numbers than with a HYBRID gas heater as a back up
    It's NOT the BRAND,it's the company that installs it!!!!!

Post Likes
    why would that be if the rating for the coil both indoor and outdoor say have a seer of 16 why would the furnace downgrade the seer ? Especially if your just running the HP itself and no back up heat, a blower motor would be the same ?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DanW13 View Post
    why would that be if the rating for the coil both indoor and outdoor say have a seer of 16 why would the furnace downgrade the seer ? Especially if your just running the HP itself and no back up heat, a blower motor would be the same ?
    Furnace is the air handler and it has an impact on airflow thru the evap coil (geometry, sizing, layout, etc).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in