I ran My 1st heat calc with your program yesterday, it was great. I have used 3 different ones in the past. Yours is by far the most user friendly. It took me about 10 mins. to get the hang of it and then I was smoking thru it. Put me on your list of satisfied customers. Mike

Hey, That's Good!

Originally posted by hvac45
    I ran My 1st heat calc with your program yesterday, it was great. I have used 3 different ones in the past. Yours is by far the most user friendly. It took me about 10 mins. to get the hang of it and then I was smoking thru it. Put me on your list of satisfied customers. Mike
    Always glad to add another satisfied customer! Sometimes when people are used to another program they have to do a little unlearning first.

I've been doing these programs for a long time now, it is very satisfying getting comments like yours. Here is another one that I just received:

Dear Don

I received the disc and manual today and immediately began your simplistic tutorial. I have found the manual to be succinct, informative, and very user friendly. After running through the tutorial, I pulled out a set of fresh prints and began a Cape Cod type home with a finished basement. The entire job took less than 90 minutes! I thought...."I've missed something," but after cold storage (I like that!) and recalculating the home, the results are identical! I have been using [blanked out] Residential and I can affirm that it would have taken me at least 2 hours for the same project!

Thank you for a simple, easy to use program. In the "push" times when I have a number of jobs to estimate in a short period of time, this program takes the bite from running a load calc. My wife and kids will be happy too now that I have more free time!

Again, many thanks for the program, I will pass the word to others in the trade to give it a test try. I am sure after they do, they will be as pleased as I am.

Kindly,

Eric
    don
    don sleeth - HVAC-Talk Founder
    HVAC Computer Systems
    Heat Load Calculation Software

I bought mine in July 2000

And use it everyday. Not only does it give an accurate calc, very fast, but the professional reports become the tipping point to get customers to give me the job over my competitors.

It is the handiest damn tool in my bag!
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

I've had the programs for a while now. The other demos that I looked at made my head hurt.

Don's are easy to use. Now, if he could set something up, like a camera, that I could carry through the house to get measurements, so I wouldn't have to enter all that pesky data...

Or a scanner to just scan in blueprints. YEAH. That's what these programs are missing.

[Edited by condenseddave on 08-19-2003 at 11:57 PM]

I love mine. Got residential 4.0. Showed a customer the calcs and he was so impressed that I got the job over a company that did not do a calc.

Comfort.....

Have you seen the HVAC-Calc Commercial? Very flexable and tons of design conditions built in.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

I got the commercial to, just haven't had time to use it. If it would spit out proposals that would be nice. I hate typing proposals.

yes spotts, I have seen it. I'm just not that far in my business. I'm still trying to get a handle on residential before going in and drowning in commercial.