Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    We have had a pit bull for five years, he has never done that. Usually he will just keep walking, sometimes not even looking. Once in awhile he will just stand there looking at the other dog. That dog is going to be a problem, they have to train that out of it or put it down before it hurts someone ... maybe even them.

"Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Quote Originally Posted by iron View Post
    sorry but I must disagree with you
    the neighbors cannot control their dog
    while Yellow is in his house with his dog
    so he must close his door whenever they walk by
    I dont think so
    my dogs bark at everything that gets close to the yard
    but when I am walking them and other dogs charge the fence barking
    my dogs just ignore them
    they dont freak out
    so his neighbors have the problem
    not him

sorry, but I have to disagree with you as well, just because the dog is barking does not mean that the neighbors cannot control their dog. I am not saying yellow has to close his door when they walk by, but don't get pissed off because someone else's dog barked as they walked past your barking dog. Dog's bark, it's what they do. So I have to disagree that it is the neighbors fault, it just is what it is. Oh and the whole, 'this is a quiet neighborhood, there's no need for a dog like that, they must be up to something', c'mon, give me a break.

Why anyone would want to own an uglyass pitbull is beyond me. I would shoot the thing...Im sure the cops wouldnt mind.
    "The road to Hell is paved with progressive policies."

Quote Originally Posted by yellowirenut View Post
    If you can take care of a pit and have it obey, that's fine. If you cant, then we have an issue

IMHO....that goes for all dogs....
    I need a new signature.....

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Why anyone would want to own an uglyass pitbull is beyond me. I would shoot the thing...Im sure the cops wouldnt mind.
    A lot of people in the deep woods of East Texas, use 'em for hunting wild hogs. Now that's somethin' ya gotta see. A pit, doing pit things,it's brutal. But, those hogs aren't whimps either.

Quote Originally Posted by general posts View Post
    sorry, but I have to disagree with you as well, just because the dog is barking does not mean that the neighbors cannot control their dog. I am not saying yellow has to close his door when they walk by, but don't get pissed off because someone else's dog barked as they walked past your barking dog. Dog's bark, it's what they do. So I have to disagree that it is the neighbors fault, it just is what it is. Oh and the whole, 'this is a quiet neighborhood, there's no need for a dog like that, they must be up to something', c'mon, give me a break.
    If the dog was just barking i would not be so upset..but his beyond barking..he is aggressively trying to get away from his owners..not just at my dog but others who take nightly walk also..people not just dogs. The neighbor across the street babysits kids, when they try and take him for a walk the kids go in for safety reasons. He has aggressively leaped at small kids according to the neighbor. So is the owner of the dog still in the right? It is not a puppy in training.

Also i did not say 'this is a quiet neighborhood, there's no need for a dog like that, they must be up to something'..if you are going to quote me use my real words.

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post

Not the cops here. They have to wait for a tragedy to do anything about the dogs.
    Beware of advice given by some guy on the Internet.

Dogs

If the dog was just barking i would not be so upset..but his beyond barking..he is aggressively trying to get away from his owners..not just at my dog but others who take nightly walk also..people not just dogs. The neighbor across the street babysits kids, when they try and take him for a walk the kids go in for safety reasons. He has aggressively leaped at small kids according to the neighbor.
    No matter what the breed, if it gets out and has a tendency to be aggressive the kids and or older folks are what worries me the most because they often can't or don't know what to do. Kids in general usual reaction is to run, which in my experience can provoke a dog even more. Old people especially if they are disabled can really get into a problem area. Here in Indy we have had two incidents recently involving elderly. One was mauled to death by there own dogs, and the other was killed by a pit bull taking out her trash.

Long story short. Here is what I did with my situation that is similiar to yours. The wierdos that live behind me have two Dobermans that they used to keep outside always. Had several problems with them barking all night and getting out etc. Tried asking them nicely to keep control of their dogs. That didn't work, so I wrote them a letter and advised them of exactly what me and my neighbors concerns were and what I was going to do if these problems weren't corrected immediately.

I did not make any criminal threats and tried to word everything as professionaly as I could and since then they take the dogs in at night and haven't had any other problems with them.

Can you buy a big can of pepper and sprinkle it all over where he walks?
    If the owner
    is a tard, let the dog make the decision for you. Pepper spray works good to, maybe the dog will attack his owner.
    Then theres always the old antifreeze martini or copper sulfate, i mean thats what ive heard.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

my apologies.

Its a nice neighborhood no need for a dog like that unless he himself is doing something.

Many years ago a pit bull attacked this old ladies poodle. We were throwing water on it and hitting it with sticks. The old lady ran down the drive way and stuck her finger right up the pit bulls butt. All of us including the pit bulls jaw dropped in astonishment. The old lady picked up the poodle and jumped into her car on the way to the vet. That pit bull never knew what hit him.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB60 View Post
    Many years ago a pit bull attacked this old ladies poodle. We were throwing water on it and hitting it with sticks. The old lady ran down the drive way and stuck her finger right up the pit bulls butt. All of us including the pit bulls jaw dropped in astonishment. The old lady picked up the poodle and jumped into her car on the way to the vet. That pit bull never knew what hit him.
    I wonder if that would work in a street fight?
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB60 View Post
    I'd have stuck a .357 in his ear.

He still wouldn't know what hit him.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast