+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: smiled at neighbors

Post Likes

smiled at neighbors

Just pissed off my neighbors two doors down They have a pit bull that has escaped once this year. The thing is unruly and its obvious the 20 something couple got it because its "cool". Its a nice neighborhood no need for a dog like that unless he himself is doing something. Anyway..past few nights they have been trying to take it for a walk like normal dog owners. The thing is any time another dog is close it goes nuts. Not your normal dog nuts but im going to tear your face off nuts. First 2 nights they walked past my dog would bark at him threw the screen door..the other dog goes nuts and i would close my door. this time i just let my dog bark, they need to learn to control it. I stood feet from the door and she saw me..i smiled and she mouthed something..i just smiled.
    If you can take care of a pit and have it obey, that's fine. If you cant, then we have an issue

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowirenut View Post
    Just pissed off my neighbors two doors down They have a pit bull that has escaped once this year. The thing is unruly and its obvious the 20 something couple got it because its "cool". Its a nice neighborhood no need for a dog like that unless he himself is doing something. Anyway..past few nights they have been trying to take it for a walk like normal dog owners. The thing is any time another dog is close it goes nuts. Not your normal dog nuts but im going to tear your face off nuts. First 2 nights they walked past my dog would bark at him threw the screen door..the other dog goes nuts and i would close my door. this time i just let my dog bark, they need to learn to control it. I stood feet from the door and she saw me..i smiled and she mouthed something..i just smiled.
    If you can take care of a pit and have it obey, that's fine. If you cant, then we have an issue
    As always, it isn't the dog, it's the owners.

Sounds like a bad owner down the road.

If the dog got loose and came near my dog, it wouldnt survive the encounter. My dog is a gentle giant, but dad is a crack shot.

Post Likes
    What I do to unruly, untrainable pit bulls, 2 to the chest, 1 to the head. Oops... Did that slip out?
    Not as lean, not as mean, but I'm still a hardcore, ass-kicking, hard charging Marine! Oohrah!

Post Likes
    I have a couple of Chihuahuas next door that yip all night long. I am currently on the lookout for any stray pit bull I can find so I can through it over my neighbors fence.

Post Likes
    I agree with the bad owner crowd. I am a pitbull owner (Pit/Lab) and I can (and do at times) 'walk' my dog around the block with no leash or guide whatsoever. When he gets too far away I say his name and he stops and waits for me. If he sees another dog, a person, cat, little kid, car, etc.. I just tell him no, sit, and stay, and he will wait for me to come to him and won't move toward whatever he was looking at before.

Pitbulls are just like having kids.. It's all in how you raise them that determines how they will grow up. When he is in the house, he is very protective of 'his' property. When he is off 'his' property, he is a big baby to whoever feels like walking up and petting him.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB60 View Post
    I have a couple of Chihuahuas that yip all night long. I am currently on the lookout for any stray pit bull I can find so I can through it over my neighbors fence.
    My Mom has two Chihuahua's that she walks on retractable leashes. When I take my dog over to her house and she takes them outside he has, what seems like, an amazingly fun time biting the string on their leash and pulling them.. It's hilarious! It looks like he is trying to walk him.. If I have a leash on him and let it go he will pick it up and hold it in his mouth before he will start walking again. That's pretty funny too.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chesapeake View Post
    What I do to unruly, untrainable pit bulls, 2 to the chest, 1 to the head. Oops... Did that slip out?
    To the dogs or to the owners?
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Post Likes
    Twilli use to be dog whisperer
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Post Likes
    I would soak some hamburger in antifreeze and mouse poison, then just toss a bag of it over the fence one night. Specially if I had kids in that neighborhood. That sound like a potential killer dog there, one that should be given to Michael Vick.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes
    ^ Agreed.. There are some dogs (Of every breed) That the owners have screwed up so bad they're just better off dead. Or hell, put them to good use.. Let them loose in the White House..

Post Likes
    You're the one that has to live there. Let your conscience be your guide.

Post Likes

First 2 nights they walked past my dog would bark at him threw the screen door..the other dog goes nuts and i would close my door. this time i just let my dog bark, they need to learn to control it.

who needs to learn to control their dog? It sounds to me like your dog is the one instigating this situation and you are not only allowing it to happen but encouraging it. Maybe this couple is trying to socialize their dog, and instead of being helpful, you are being passive aggressive and allowing your dog to antagonize their dog through your screen because you have made some broad stereotype in your head about what pit bulls are wand who owns them.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by general posts View Post
    who needs to learn to control their dog? It sounds to me like your dog is the one instigating this situation and you are not only allowing it to happen but encouraging it. Maybe this couple is trying to socialize their dog, and instead of being helpful, you are being passive aggressive and allowing your dog to antagonize their dog through your screen because you have made some broad stereotype in your head about what pit bulls are wand who owns them.
    sorry but I must disagree with you
    the neighbors cannot control their dog
    while Yellow is in his house with his dog
    so he must close his door whenever they walk by
    I dont think so
    my dogs bark at everything that gets close to the yard
    but when I am walking them and other dogs charge the fence barking
    my dogs just ignore them
    they dont freak out
    so his neighbors have the problem
    not him
    If con is the opposite of pro
    is congress the opposite of progress?

Post Likes
    We have had a pit bull for five years, he has never done that. Usually he will just keep walking, sometimes not even looking. Once in awhile he will just stand there looking at the other dog. That dog is going to be a problem, they have to train that out of it or put it down before it hurts someone ... maybe even them.

"Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by iron View Post
    sorry but I must disagree with you
    the neighbors cannot control their dog
    while Yellow is in his house with his dog
    so he must close his door whenever they walk by
    I dont think so
    my dogs bark at everything that gets close to the yard
    but when I am walking them and other dogs charge the fence barking
    my dogs just ignore them
    they dont freak out
    so his neighbors have the problem
    not him

sorry, but I have to disagree with you as well, just because the dog is barking does not mean that the neighbors cannot control their dog. I am not saying yellow has to close his door when they walk by, but don't get pissed off because someone else's dog barked as they walked past your barking dog. Dog's bark, it's what they do. So I have to disagree that it is the neighbors fault, it just is what it is. Oh and the whole, 'this is a quiet neighborhood, there's no need for a dog like that, they must be up to something', c'mon, give me a break.

Post Likes
    Why anyone would want to own an uglyass pitbull is beyond me. I would shoot the thing...Im sure the cops wouldnt mind.

Post Likes

IMHO....that goes for all dogs....
    I need a new signature.....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Why anyone would want to own an uglyass pitbull is beyond me. I would shoot the thing...Im sure the cops wouldnt mind.
    A lot of people in the deep woods of East Texas, use 'em for hunting wild hogs. Now that's somethin' ya gotta see. A pit, doing pit things,it's brutal. But, those hogs aren't whimps either.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by general posts View Post
    sorry, but I have to disagree with you as well, just because the dog is barking does not mean that the neighbors cannot control their dog. I am not saying yellow has to close his door when they walk by, but don't get pissed off because someone else's dog barked as they walked past your barking dog. Dog's bark, it's what they do. So I have to disagree that it is the neighbors fault, it just is what it is. Oh and the whole, 'this is a quiet neighborhood, there's no need for a dog like that, they must be up to something', c'mon, give me a break.
    If the dog was just barking i would not be so upset..but his beyond barking..he is aggressively trying to get away from his owners..not just at my dog but others who take nightly walk also..people not just dogs. The neighbor across the street babysits kids, when they try and take him for a walk the kids go in for safety reasons. He has aggressively leaped at small kids according to the neighbor. So is the owner of the dog still in the right? It is not a puppy in training.

Also i did not say 'this is a quiet neighborhood, there's no need for a dog like that, they must be up to something'..if you are going to quote me use my real words.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post

Not the cops here. They have to wait for a tragedy to do anything about the dogs.
    Beware of advice given by some guy on the Internet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in