Horizon Ice Machine

I do service work for a convenience store that has scale in the water. The scale is so bad it causes this Follett ice machine, Model HCC1000A to shut off on high amp safety every two to three months. I clean the machine with ice machine cleaner and the amps drop until it scales back up. The store run a pre filter, four submicron filter, and a scale stick and still has a scale problem. We change the pre filter monthly and the others every 6 months. Any you guys got any recommendation on what I can do keep this machine from scaling up.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

If the mineral scale buildup is that bad, add a water softener.

What is your water temp going to the ice maker? I work on alot of scotsman nugget machines here in the phoenix area and have found that we were overfeeding them with scale inhibitor. It was not a scale problem. The water temp here is 90 to 100 degrees and it would dissolve the scale stick and leave the residue on the auger and evap. We currently use a resin type scale inhibitor that is not over feeding the machines. Let me know I can get you info on the scale stick if you would like.

Quote Originally Posted by icemeister View Post
    If the mineral scale buildup is that bad, add a water softener.
    The store has a water softener.

Quote Originally Posted by AZreferguy View Post
    What is your water temp going to the ice maker? I work on alot of scotsman nugget machines here in the phoenix area and have found that we were overfeeding them with scale inhibitor. It was not a scale problem. The water temp here is 90 to 100 degrees and it would dissolve the scale stick and leave the residue on the auger and evap. We currently use a resin type scale inhibitor that is not over feeding the machines. Let me know I can get you info on the scale stick if you would like.
    Water comes out of a water well to an softner and the temperature of the water runs between 72 to 78 degrees, but it then pipes to the filters and inhibitor then up across an hot attic (120-150 Degrees) about 50 feet to the machine.

water temp

Never had high water temp problem here 70 degree supply amazes me. Well water up here NEVER gets above 50. Frozen water lines are a bigger problem from november to first part of june.

Quote Originally Posted by K_Neil View Post
    Never had high water temp problem here 70 degree supply amazes me. Well water up here NEVER gets above 50. Frozen water lines are a bigger problem from november to first part of june.
    Three months of no rain and 22 days of 100 degrees + temperature would really amaze you. It amazes me and I live here.