Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Record Cold July.

Well, we wrapped up the 2nd coldest July on Record here in Rochester, MN.

We had avg temp of 65.4˚ for the month of July. We have not run our A/C for the whole month of July! So far this summer I think I've ran our A/C for 5 days total, around end of June when it was warm, and pretty humid.

I'm looking forward for our July's electric bill! ;-)

Sad note, I've read in the paper that on HVAC dealer had 10 tech, and had to cut down to 4.

Wonder what August will be like... Snow??

same here,2nd coldest july on record,...........it did this a couple of years ago,i have a feeling we better get ready for our turn for the heat like other parts of the country have been seeing.

It has been really wet here too, 7.88" of rain in July.

Global warming?

its been global warming here in south texas seeing 110' daily!

Our average temp for July was 70.2*.

Average temp in BC has been about 30

Quote Originally Posted by phbsales View Post
    Our average temp for July was 70.2*.
    Dont remind me
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Everybody is slow to just barely getting by. Nobody is hiring and there is still hundreds laid off around here. I really hope some things change soon.
    Warning: Just because I am over the head injury doesn't mean I'm normal!

The day I stop learning.... I'm dead!

Quote Originally Posted by grasshopper View Post
    Everybody is slow to just barely getting by. Nobody is hiring and there is still hundreds laid off around here. I really hope some things change soon.
    Madison WI had a record cold July by 4^F. Must say dehu sales are good in areas where the the cooling loads are high. The outside dew points mostly 60-70^F which is high enough to make basements smells. I have dehumidifiying 200 lbs. per week to maintain 50%RH in the basement and 45%RH on the mainfloor. This is with 2 adults and 60 cfm of make-up fresh 14 hours per day. 6-10 hours cooling per week with 20 lbs./ week of moisture removed. Very comfortable and fresh. Calm winds and the loss of the stack effect reduces natural ventilation to little or nothing. Contractors should consider marketing whole house ventilating dehus.
    I am writing this from Joe's Summer Camp, Westford, MA (Building Science Corp). Had a day reveiwing building failures, the need for continuous training and blameless reveiw. It was invigorating. Build the home right the first time, correct ventilation, and keep the home dry are the issues. HVAC plays a critical part in this process. Most are dissapointed in our nationwide knowledge levels of processes, verification of preformance, and general followup.
    Many of us/you do care. Keep up the effort. Change is comming foresure.
    Regards TB
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

I dont think summer ever arrived... Which is fine with me, I love winter! Hows it going Grasshopper? Im somehow keeping myself busy enough up here.
    You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel...

http://rapalaguy.spaces.live.com/

North Texas July went back and forth. A week of 100+ weather followed by a week of partly to mostly cloudy, cooler weather, and rain. It's been wetter than normal, with unexpected breaks from the heat. A few hundred miles to the south, areas such as Austin and San Antonio experienced an ongoing bad drought and blistering heat.

August has arrived, which typically means about a solid month of hot weather. This week has started off that way, for sure.
    • Electricity makes refrigeration happen.
    • Refrigeration makes the HVAC psychrometric process happen.
    • HVAC pyschrometrics is what makes indoor human comfort happen...IF the ducts AND the building envelope cooperate.

A building is NOT beautiful unless it is also comfortable.

The part of NY I am in, 90 Miles north of NYC has not seen a day at or above the 90 degree mark since July 2008. I have never seen a solid year in this business where we ever had this kind of weather. The winter was steadily cold too, but I don't recall it getting below zero either. So the pattern is not extreme in either direction? Maybe the real predictors are right, the ice age is coming?

http://iceagenow.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast