Pictures of my loop install - HQ pictures. May load slowly.

Pictures of my loop install.

As you can see, I have a lot of water at the 8 foot mark. 24" deep in some spots!

sorry to nit pick but...what are your trench bracing requirements in your area? trench looks to be well over 6 ft.

That certainly should work better than dry wells filled with just gravel traveersing caverns ?

Wow, just like my trench. My contractor used a pump almost continously to keep the water from going above their boots. But my trench was only 5 feet deep and they used parallel lines not slinky. Also had a nice big rock layer where watter just poured from and about six springs we could identify. According to my contractor (and my reasearch) My 3ton Envision with three parallel 3/4" x 300' loops has the performance of a vertical loop.

Say hello to phenominal efficiency. Congratulations

On the north end of all three of my trenches, there was water trickling in from about 3 feet below grade on that end.

A year ago I was PO'd about mowing and paying taxes on that soggy lot, now I'm happy to do it.

I fired up the HP last weekend, 105 deg out the plenum and a 9 degree water temp change.

I'm using a Honeywell IAQ thermostat, and I have to say, I'm very happy with it.

Now if it would only get hot, or cold, I'd try it for real.

Dave.
    South Dakota

What size and brand HP did you get? What part of the country are you located in?

My trench took a good year to settle. Mine went online mid Dec and a month or two later I had about a 28F entering water temp. That is the only time it had been below freezing. My entering water temp has not droped below 35 or past 80 in the summer since the first year.

It's a 3 ton Waterfurnace split system. I live in Southeast South Dakota.

My EWT is 60 right now. It hasn't been hot or cold enough to even run it yet.

The cold weather is on it's way...

Dave.