Totaline P274-1200 issue

I have two heat pump systems both using Totaline P274-1200 thermostats. Both are set at 76 degrees in AC mode and after a brief power interruption one of the units resets to 82 degrees, the other one remains at 76. Before I call the contractor I am curious to know if this issue typically requires replacement of the entire unit. They have been in service for four years.

Quote Originally Posted by Oreo View Post
    I have two heat pump systems both using Totaline P274-1200 thermostats. Both are set at 76 degrees in AC mode and after a brief power interruption one of the units resets to 82 degrees, the other one remains at 76. Before I call the contractor I am curious to know if this issue typically requires replacement of the entire unit. They have been in service for four years.
    I'm not sure from the totaliine number which thermostats you have, but I will bet the one that returned to 82f needs batteries to back up the settings on power interuptions.

ps I looked it up for you call the contractor. Totaline state
    • Clock is retained for 72 hours during power failure. Program is Neverlost™.

Might be the common wire connection.
    If it doesn't go easy, you are not using a big enough hammer.

I don't remember having this problem until this summer. What I am looking for are recommendations for another thermostat if this one is scrap.
    My Trane system for this thermostat:
    TWE031E130A1
    2TWX4030B1000AA