Mini Split system Wiring Question???

Hello,
    i bought a mini split system and the wiring between the indoor and the outdoor units confuses me. I was going to have a 30A disconnect between the service panel and the outdoor unit. According to the wiring diagram, i need another 20A disconnect between the Indoor and the Outdoor units along a 5A breaker / or a fuse between leads S1 & S2. can someone explain this to me. Thanks!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Where are you located?

Give more info on unit
    If it doesn't go easy, you are not using a big enough hammer.

Houston, TX. 30.7k BTU. ductless mini split system (Fujitsu) cooling only.

I already have one who is going to install it for me. All the certified techs that i talked to were going to install it without the 20A disconnect and 5A fuse for the control circuit. Not to mention they have no clue how to read electrical schematics. i just wanted to understand it my self this way i don't get hosed like every time by an A/c tech. Thanks for the advice and if you don't know the answer, just keep moving and don't waste your time giving people warnings about pressurized systems and electrical potential hazards.

MJ

Quote Originally Posted by mjebril View Post
    I already have one who is going to install it for me. All the certified techs that i talked to were going to install it without the 20A disconnect and 5A fuse for the control circuit. Not to mention they have no clue how to read electrical schematics. i just wanted to understand it my self this way i don't get hosed like every time by an A/c tech. Thanks for the advice and if you don't know the answer, just keep moving and don't waste your time giving people warnings about pressurized systems and electrical potential hazards.

MJ

Again, reading the electrical schematic was not the problem. 5A for overload (probably control circuit overload protection) and 20A dsiconnect in between. Why all the threads on the internet ignored it and wanted to install without it is the real question?? Thanks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by mjebril View Post
    Again, reading the electrical schematic was not the problem. 5A for overload (probably control circuit overload protection) and 20A dsiconnect in between. Why all the threads on the internet ignored it and wanted to install without it is the real question?? Thanks anyway.

I had the very same question. I called the people that sell these things on
    the internet, and their answer was
    Last edited by beenthere; 08-05-2009 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Removed bad DIY advise

Sorry, no DIY advicse allowed.

Thread closed.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?