work is slow! - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 66 to 78 of 79

Thread: work is slow!

  1. #66
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NC Coast
    Posts
    2,604
    Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    lol she proly wouldn't want anything to do with a HVAC guy after watching the time and effort you have to devote to the trade least we are home more than a sailor
    LOL... yes we are. I think my wife is glad she didnt meet me when I was in.
    but while I would like to think my daughter realizes how much I work.... I bet she would see $$ if whe did date someone who was in the biz.... (lol with my luck she would date a helper who was just happy to stay a helper! )
    LMAO
    Silent Service........ Death From Below!

    Somewhere in Kansas, a town found a village idiot!

  2. #67
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Waffleville
    Posts
    10,339
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleheadski View Post
    you suck! I could see performance pay doing better in commercial than resi.... to many factors in resi to take into account. warranty.... callbacks.... etc... maybe only maybe if your office was good at calculating it well... it could work.
    congrats... maybe you will get it this week!
    you calculate it. warranty time is a hourly rate set by your shop. ours is a very weak 18 an hour
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

    Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

  3. #68
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NC Coast
    Posts
    2,604
    uh. yeah thats weak! but thats your price on your time sheet? or your invoice price?
    Silent Service........ Death From Below!

    Somewhere in Kansas, a town found a village idiot!

  4. #69
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Waffleville
    Posts
    10,339
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleheadski View Post
    uh. yeah thats weak! but thats your price on your time sheet? or your invoice price?
    that's what you get paid for warranty work and call backs.

    the rest is 16% of the bill.

    with all the warranty work and call backs and then my 16% of what i billed, that 2800 week was over 10k in work done

    is no wonder why i am not one of the posters complaining about getting fat
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

    Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

  5. #70
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NC Coast
    Posts
    2,604
    Fat? I would say..... you need to go on Dance your A$$ off!

    youd be like the 1000 lb guy.... you would need a breast reduction not to mention gastric bypass... youd be that FAT!
    Best of luck to ya!
    Silent Service........ Death From Below!

    Somewhere in Kansas, a town found a village idiot!

  6. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Waffleville
    Posts
    10,339
    lol
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

    Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

  7. #72
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NW Florida
    Posts
    707
    Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    that's what you get paid for warranty work and call backs.

    the rest is 16% of the bill.

    with all the warranty work and call backs and then my 16% of what i billed, that 2800 week was over 10k in work done

    is no wonder why i am not one of the posters complaining about getting fat
    Looks like I need to move to N.C. They don't pay anything like that down here. What kind of hours do you get during winter.

  8. #73
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Waffleville
    Posts
    10,339
    Quote Originally Posted by meoberry View Post
    Looks like I need to move to N.C. They don't pay anything like that down here. What kind of hours do you get during winter.
    is called PERFORMANCE PAY

    you don't get paid if you don't work your azz off!!!!

    winter slacks of big time! gotta make hay when you can, and put it in a tiny lil piggy bank
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

    Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

  9. #74
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NC Coast
    Posts
    2,604
    Quote Originally Posted by meoberry View Post
    Looks like I need to move to N.C. They don't pay anything like that down here. What kind of hours do you get during winter.
    well depends on who ya work for.....
    Last christmas... I had 18 hrs for the week.... 8 of that was holiday pay. I worked 2, 5 hr days. 2 yrs ago it wasnt so bad but 3 yrs ago... I worked at least 30 a week.
    The company i work for now says they pretty much can keep me busy with 40 a week. I have a feeling my old company will be slowing soon.... they already have no work for some installers..... we are staying hammered in service and we have one guy dedicated to installs... and another who can do then too. Us service techs do heatpumps if thats all thats getting changed out.
    I get an hourly rate... where as beachie is getting the big bucks. But I think he is into commercial.... I am 99 percent resi.
    Silent Service........ Death From Below!

    Somewhere in Kansas, a town found a village idiot!

  10. #75
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NC Coast
    Posts
    2,604
    my piggy bank is so tiny only 1 penny will fit into it!
    Silent Service........ Death From Below!

    Somewhere in Kansas, a town found a village idiot!

  11. #76
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Waffleville
    Posts
    10,339
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleheadski View Post
    well depends on who ya work for.....
    Last christmas... I had 18 hrs for the week.... 8 of that was holiday pay. I worked 2, 5 hr days. 2 yrs ago it wasnt so bad but 3 yrs ago... I worked at least 30 a week.
    The company i work for now says they pretty much can keep me busy with 40 a week. I have a feeling my old company will be slowing soon.... they already have no work for some installers..... we are staying hammered in service and we have one guy dedicated to installs... and another who can do then too. Us service techs do heatpumps if thats all thats getting changed out.
    I get an hourly rate... where as beachie is getting the big bucks. But I think he is into commercial.... I am 99 percent resi.
    i do about 90 percent resi and 10 percent comm work. am trying to build up the commercial customer base, cause am tired of doing resi work. so far i have had good success in building it up

    i don't worry about hours, i worry about getting jobs with a lot of crap effed up so i can charge more money to fix it lol
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

    Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

  12. #77
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NC Coast
    Posts
    2,604
    thats what I need to do... but our company doesnt do much commercial....
    they did about 10 percent back when I started... but they have dropped a lot of accounts... only have like 3 right now. They dont even do ice machines any more.
    Silent Service........ Death From Below!

    Somewhere in Kansas, a town found a village idiot!

  13. #78
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Waffleville
    Posts
    10,339
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleheadski View Post
    thats what I need to do... but our company doesnt do much commercial....
    they did about 10 percent back when I started... but they have dropped a lot of accounts... only have like 3 right now. They dont even do ice machines any more.
    lmao i wouldn't do ice machines either!!! inless it was an ice plant
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

    Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event