Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: work is slow!

Quote Originally Posted by yellowirenut View Post
    Its this thing man...i know it is..they are controlling it ya know man
    http://www.haarp.alaska.edu/

ok saw a show on history channel..thing seems odd. Bouncing radio waves to heat up atmosphere and change weather.

It also causes earthquakes and hurricanes. I think you are on to something.
    Read, read, read!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleheadski View Post
    We had a week of 90 plus here.... cooled down to mid 80's today.... mid to upper 80's tomorrow ...... I tell ya... with the high humidity and that heat..... it was rough... just looking at an attic access made ya sweat!

went to a house yesterday..... beautiful house.... big... 3 systems. nice tile.... wooodwork.... stairs.... cabinets etc etc..... the hvac contractor put in 3 Goodman 10 seer systems! I would have thought a house like that would be worthy of at least 12 seer if not higher back in 04 when it was built!
    we are having the slowest summer ever!!! i cannot believe how slow it has gotten here. if it weren't for tune-ups, we would be dead in the water
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
    we are having the slowest summer ever!!! i cannot believe how slow it has gotten here. if it weren't for tune-ups, we would be dead in the water

we are staying busy enough with three techs... one of which does a lot of installs too....
    they just hired a greenhorn as a helper.... but I think we could use another tech..... service manager isnt worried about it and thinks we will do ok till winter!
    Silent Service........ Death From Below!

Somewhere in Kansas, a town found a village idiot!

We are ok i guess, i would like to have worked lined up, but we are having the Coolest summer on record.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Confused slow down here to

Our work is slow here in NC too! Only doing PM's and a few repairs. No one committing to any major jobs. Havn't really been that hot this year to get any one to do any repairs. Put in a quote to replace two cond fan motors on the same RTU last month and the customer still hasn't given the ok to do it. Unit only running on one moter

lol we have like a 30 min lead time on installs right now lol

actually we could proly just send them out with the sales guy and the could start tearing out while he is getting contract signed lmao they could all prolly ride in the same truck and save some gas too lol

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

lol we have like a 30 min lead time on installs right now lol

actually we could proly just send them out with the sales guy and the could start tearing out while he is getting contract signed lmao they could all prolly ride in the same truck and save some gas too lol
    LOL.... poor installers having to ride with sales guy? Sheesh.... but then.... once he gets the contract signed... he could help with the install! Get em done faster and on to the next sales call and Badda bing badda boom.... next one done... etc etc....

Quote Originally Posted by heatermanbob View Post
    I just worked 65 hours in 5 days..i could use some slowing down. I used to think of our trade as recession proof but this year has shown me otherwise. while our company has been able to maintain, others in our area have had massive layoffs or closed their doors. it's common to hear that a company let 40-50 guys go.
    Got ya beat! last week i was the on-call guy (also from Portland).
    Pulled 33 HRS OT. Managed to do 13 trouble calls in the first 2 days then had to slow down. don't need to do that again soon i hope.
    Found out today one of the younger techs only had 3 hrs OT.

Quote Originally Posted by alikair View Post
    Found out today one of the younger techs only had 3 hrs OT.
    want some cheese with that lol

want some cheese with that lol
    Sorry, didn't mean to offend. I'm sure you were in great demand as well

Quote Originally Posted by alikair View Post
    Sorry, didn't mean to offend. I'm sure you were in great demand as well
    he resembles that remark!..... (youngin!)

I am sure some of the company's would love you guys up here in BC for the next couple months to do calls.

and it get's better!!!! last night i get a call from a regular customer who had a p.m. scheduled for next week. she cancelled because her hwh was not working and this guy was working down the road. so he fixed it and did the p.m.. she said he did not talk bad about me though. must be the word is getting back to him. i hope the tranny falls out of his minivan. he wont make to long because he is just not reliable. but if you need him you can find him at the bar (unless he see's me pull in). ya know, it sucks because his work is not bad and he was a nice guy.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast