Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: work is slow!

work is slow!

better yet it has stopped. i have never been this slow. i was having the best year i have ever had and all at once the phone stopped ringing. i heard someone is low-balling and bad mouthing me pretty bad. i guess i will advertise a sale on p.m's. i have not advertised in 6 years because all my work were referals from customers and contractors. i was enjoying the time off but now it's getting old, and a little hard on my liver. i just don't understand how this happens, i go from an incredible start to the year to absolutly nothing. anybody else this slow?

I was just wondeing how you guys were doing up there. I just saw on CBS morning news that you guys haven't hit 90 yet this year. Last few day's it's been in 60's and 70's here in Denver I was hopeing I could get caught up but then the refrigeration calls all hit at once. Now it's supposed to get back in the 90's here next week. Come on down this way we're hireing now.

If your sure someone is bashing you find out who it is, cant you ask a regular customer? Get on it before it gets worse. Also work each call for extras etc.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

not one a/c call yet this year. i was putung alot of furnaces for the power co. but they ran out of funds. we just have not had the weather we need yet, and it is not looking any better for next week.

Quote Originally Posted by zachhvac View Post
    If your sure someone is bashing you find out who it is, cant you ask a regular customer? Get on it before it gets worse. Also work each call for extras etc.
    i am sure of it. i know who it is, i even gave him some work a couple times. every time i go to the tavern he is at he runs leaves as soon as he see's my van comming. i'll fix it , i just am not sure how yet.

Its slowed way down for us also...At the beginning of the year it was steady, that was expected. But this week is the first one where i had no work. They have something for me Monday but unsure about Tuesday. The figures came for July and its been the coldest on record, 68.9 average temp, for my area.

We also do work for the power company. Last year they wrote a big check at the beginning of the year and told us what ever it takes keep them running. This year it was not that way, even they are tightening there belts.

look ma' 800 post

Quote Originally Posted by yellowirenut View Post
    Its slowed way down for us also...At the beginning of the year it was steady, that was expected. But this week is the first one where i had no work. They have something for me Monday but unsure about Tuesday. The figures came for July and its been the coldest on record, 68.9 average temp, for my area.

We also do work for the power company. Last year they wrote a big check at the beginning of the year and told us what ever it takes keep them running. This year it was not that way, even they are tightening there belts.

look ma' 800 post

The humidity just moved back in this week, so the calls have started to pick up. It doesn't have to reach 90+ to be uncomfortable. Hang in there, it will pick up.
    "Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better"
    -Pat Riley

Quote Originally Posted by whec720 View Post
    The humidity just moved back in this week, so the calls have started to pick up. It doesn't have to reach 90+ to be uncomfortable. Hang in there, it will pick up.
    i live a couple miles east of lake ontario and the weather changes fast. (makes for incredible salmon fishing!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by snupytcb View Post
    i am sure of it. i know who it is, i even gave him some work a couple times. every time i go to the tavern he is at he runs leaves as soon as he see's my van comming. i'll fix it , i just am not sure how yet.
    Attorney + torturous interference with a business relationship+slander+a$$wuppin.

Its this thing man...i know it is..they are controlling it ya know man
    http://www.haarp.alaska.edu/

ok saw a show on history channel..thing seems odd. Bouncing radio waves to heat up atmosphere and change weather.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowirenut View Post
    Its this thing man...i know it is..they are controlling it ya know man
    http://www.haarp.alaska.edu/

ok saw a show on history channel..thing seems odd. Bouncing radio waves to heat up atmosphere and change weather.
    You smokin this early in the morning?

Quote Originally Posted by snupytcb View Post
    better yet it has stopped. i have never been this slow. i was having the best year i have ever had and all at once the phone stopped ringing. i heard someone is low-balling and bad mouthing me pretty bad. i guess i will advertise a sale on p.m's. i have not advertised in 6 years because all my work were referals from customers and contractors. i was enjoying the time off but now it's getting old, and a little hard on my liver. i just don't understand how this happens, i go from an incredible start to the year to absolutly nothing. anybody else this slow?
    We are doing well picking up big jobs and needing to sub out portions of them to meet completion deadlines. We were twiddling our thumbs for a while a year and a half ago, but we kept plugging away and helping with engineering-giving prices and assistance to potential and existing customers, it's paying off now Booked up for the next year (construction that is) service is very slow. Wish you good luck and fast out of the slump.
    If it doesn't go easy, you are not using a big enough hammer.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast