Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    sorry i havent been able to post recently our computer had to have repairs. We have been to more job interviews, have done as many of you guys suggested, cold calls, sending resumes in, even approaching guys when they were working to ask if they have or know of any opportunities.
    My husband has been registered on HVAC agent.com since graduation, even though they offer many "entry level" positions, follow up calls are rarely answered.
    We are looking at getting work anywhere right now, while still applying for any havc jobs that we can. My husband doesnt expect to start out as a tech, he knows he has to work his way up. I appreciate all of the constructive advice. Thanks

and no our computer didnt get repossessed, and NO we dont expect god to drop a fully equipped van onto our lawn

bang on doors if they say no then stop back in again and again. post his resume it may be killing him.

And not to be critical but why is he not posting himself?
    If you help others then you are a Success

Quote Originally Posted by techswife View Post
    and no our computer didnt get repossessed, and NO we dont expect god to drop a fully equipped van onto our lawn
    Hey ya never know
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

I'd love for my husband to be the one posting........but he's basically allergic to the internet. So this is my way of trying to help, I also do a daily job search, I use MEP.com HVAC agent.com indeed.com simplyhired.com, diversityjobs.com caljobs.com lasvegas recruiter.com. careerbuilder.com plus i search newspapers.
    This is really the only thing I can do to help, to be supportive. I'm sorry if you guys feel that I'm wasting your time, i truly only wanted to hear from people working in the field, to hear the truth instead of the salespitch we were given by his trade school.

I'd love for my husband to be the one posting........but he's basically allergic to the internet. So this is my way of trying to help, I also do a daily job search, I use MEP.com HVAC agent.com indeed.com simplyhired.com, diversityjobs.com caljobs.com lasvegas recruiter.com. careerbuilder.com plus i search newspapers.
    This is really the only thing I can do to help, to be supportive. I'm sorry if you guys feel that I'm wasting your time, i truly only wanted to hear from people working in the field, to hear the truth instead of the salespitch we were given by his trade school.
    I don't think any of us think your wasting our time. Sorry if it came across that way.

He need to show that he is More motived then the next guy willing to work harder and longer. He needs to get online himself and work the leads. guys who have some else to the job search for them often don't interview as well.

I think a lot of your helping and motivation Know the internet is a skill he need to be a tech and a min job skill
    If you help others then you are a Success

Your kidding right, i dont think anybody minds, Just so you know we hang here, learn here , complain here and every once in awhile we see someone post then never come back, so you were fair game
    Now were all embarrassed, anyway.
    Your hubby needs to get on here, get his posts up and get in the pro forum so he can continue to learn.
    This site has made me a better tech and a better business person and there are people here who are very gifted in many ways who are willing to help.
    I know its touch right now but patience is the only thing you can exercise right now. Either that or move to texas its always hot there.

did a quick check on www.thebluebook.com for air conditioning and here's one for him trainee/with tech school http://www.californiaac.com/ not might be down the block,but let him know the jobs are out there if he is going for local stuff he is limitig his chances....20-30 mile drive one way is A typical in this industry especially when your trying to build up experience. 2700 + listings for the area there somebody is hiring...firing...laying off...lack of work,and even tooooo much work

Good deal, and if you really want to know what this trade is like we can tell you.

And thank you so much for giving us the bluebook web addresss, its like the holygrail for contact points!! He's going to be a very busy man this week annoying potential employers for a job

Hey I used to live in SoCal, I found the job scene to be quite nuts, so I can empathize with what you guys are going through.

Not too long ago,I graduated from tech school and got hired right away. The school had several interviews set up for me when I graduated. I would call the school and see if they have a placement department that can help you out. They should also be able to help you put together a real good resume that will interest an employer.

Realize that once you get out of tech school the "Real" learning begins. Then you find out how little your learned about how things are done in the real world.

My advise:
    1. Keep studying (your learning has just begun)
    2. Learn how to use the Internet
    3. Get your foot in the door no matter how low the starting pay is (get a second job if needed to pay the bills)
    4. If you need some low cost learning sources let me know & I can direct you to their web sites.
    5.Once you get in and prove yourself, the rewards and compensation will increase.

I hope this helps.

You have to keep being persistant.

no problem ...........for that blue book site go to your closest area listed...type in search "air conditioning" and search.hit contractors(***) and you will have definite phones but the best is the websites that most of them have.good luck
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY

Quote Originally Posted by Mark T View Post
    Try ARS
    951-788-9440
    714-630-1003
    lol

If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast