Condensor with nail hole

I had a nail go into the condensor tube on the outside unit and released all R22. A company came and patched the hole, vacummed and recharged the system. Now my 14 seer 3.5 ton unit has lost it's cooling effeciency. The Amana unit is only 7 years old but it is struggling to cool the house and the air is more humid than it ever was. I have gauges and the low side was 78psi and the high was 155psi with an 80 deg outside temp. The e coil was 76 deg and 59 deg after the coil. Low side copper tube was 51 deg. This unit ran and cooled great before the tuebe puncture. I have had all kinds of techs tell me various problem solutions. My gut feeling is the system needs to be evacuated again and pull a vaccum to remove any air or moisture in the system and then recharge with known clean R-22. Anyone want to tackle this one. On 90 plus days the gauges were reading 85 low, 225 high.

What are you doing with gauges???

I have traced you ip and reported you to the EPA. Thank you for my reward. Enjoy your fine!
    How tall are you Private???!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnery Sergeant Hartman View Post
    What are you doing with gauges???

I have traced you ip and reported you to the EPA. Thank you for my reward. Enjoy your fine!
    And you know this person is not EPA certified how?

Really don't care just wanting to get my 15TH POST!!!

Thanks.

should all home owners hide thier gauges? c'mon gunny

Quote Originally Posted by tony kelly View Post
    I had a nail go into the condensor tube on the outside unit and released all R22. A company came and patched the hole, vacummed and recharged the system. Now my 14 seer 3.5 ton unit has lost it's cooling effeciency. The Amana unit is only 7 years old but it is struggling to cool the house and the air is more humid than it ever was. I have gauges and the low side was 78psi and the high was 155psi with an 80 deg outside temp. The e coil was 76 deg and 59 deg after the coil. Low side copper tube was 51 deg. This unit ran and cooled great before the tuebe puncture. I have had all kinds of techs tell me various problem solutions. My gut feeling is the system needs to be evacuated again and pull a vaccum to remove any air or moisture in the system and then recharge with known clean R-22. Anyone want to tackle this one. On 90 plus days the gauges were reading 85 low, 225 high.
    I would suggest you call the company who fixed it and see what they have to say about your concerns, or find a reputable company in your area to help solve your problem if you do not trust the company who "fixed" it, this is not a DIY site.

P.S. VACUUM two u's I suck at spelling to.
    Last edited by hvac248; 07-29-2009 at 05:40 PM. Reason: spelling
    NO Brains NO Headaches

50% of all a/c problems are just in your head.

This is not a DIY site, please call your contractor back and have him diagnose it again.