Can you say AIRFLOW PROBLEM

I guess I should not be amazed anymore because in my area we see more bad than good. Had a call at this house because of high power bills. The furnace is up stairs in a closet. The system had been moved by someone prior to him buying the house to accommodate a wet bar the previous owner wanted. In the new location the ceiling and roof are slanted right above the coil so they didn't have room for supply duct. So they capped off the top of the coil with a piece of duct board and cut a 14" hole on each side of the cabinet. To make matters even worse there is only about 7"-8" on each side so the 14" flex is kinked way off.It is hard to tell in the picture (taken with cell phone) but the duct does not go through the wall it goes behind the unit. This is a 4 ton coil, the T.E.S.P is 1.19"wc

The top capped off

The left side

The right side
    If you don't have the time to do it right, when are you going to find the time to fix it?

WOW!
    Go Dawgs

wow! unreal!! it amazes me how they couold walk and leave their install just like that..

I used to work in a shop making duct and fittings. This installer didn't need a shop or a guy working in the shop. And the customer got what they wanted...cheap and fast. I would think everyone is happy with this project .

So thats the guy that keeps underbidding me on my sidework! I finally found him.... You get what you pay for sometimes, other times you just get a jackleg who charges you a fortune and still does horrible work!

I had a friend (not in HVAC) say to his wife "duct work is duct work it's not important", she called me and I did my best to be nice to him.
    If you help others then you are a Success

Sweet instill.

Keep up the solid work lol!!

Should be on the manufacturers front page as a shining example of just how good this product looks in the field.
    Had to be done by someone other than an hvac tech(I hope).
    GO DAWGS!