Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: COMPRESSOR LIFT

COMPRESSOR LIFT

HEY GUYS, I'M LOOKING FOR A NAME OF A COMPANY THAT MAKES A DEVICE TO LIFT COMPRESSORS IN A CONDENSING UNIT WHERE THE COMPRESSORS ARE UNDER THE CONDENSING COILS . IT LOOKS LIKE TWO SHORT A-FRAMES W/ AN I-BEAM ATTACHED. THANKS. OH YA ,WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND FOR A LEAK DETECTOR FOR 410A.

Like what kind of condensing unit ? Hey Buddy I think your caps are locked.
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

Quote Originally Posted by low pressure guy View Post
    HEY GUYS, I'M LOOKING FOR A NAME OF A COMPANY THAT MAKES A DEVICE TO LIFT COMPRESSORS IN A CONDENSING UNIT WHERE THE COMPRESSORS ARE UNDER THE CONDENSING COILS . IT LOOKS LIKE TWO SHORT A-FRAMES W/ AN I-BEAM ATTACHED. THANKS. OH YA ,WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND FOR A LEAK DETECTOR FOR 410A.

Quit YELLING...I have a headache.

Also I thought you were referring to the pumping capacity of a compressor.
    Low Pressure Forever!

If you know heavy metal, you can work anywhere-Dave Andreson

Anchors Aweigh my boys, Anchors Aweigh!
    Farewell to foreign shores, We sail at break of day. Through our last night on shore, Drink to the foam. Until we meet once more. Here's wishing you a happy voyage home!

Quote Originally Posted by low pressure guy View Post
    Depending on the height, you might try using a Tframe, if so I have one I will sell at a good price.

a duct lift will do it, depending on the weight and height, but its hairy at more then 15ft. and you still need too people to get it up top

my problem is the high seer r22 units (commercial) are kind of high for me to drop a new compressor into. i am 5'7" and some of the units are chest high. Would be interesting if anyone had plans or if they made a rig so i can lower a compressor into the condenser with out worry of falling off a ladder or my bucket. i don't mind having my feet in the air as i make the connections. I just don't want to end up that way because something slipped and the compressor fell in with me following it. Duct lift is imposable to get onto a roof..that and it wont fit in my van

Quote Originally Posted by yellowirenut View Post
    my problem is the high seer r22 units (commercial) are kind of high for me to drop a new compressor into. i am 5'7" and some of the units are chest high. Would be interesting if anyone had plans or if they made a rig so i can lower a compressor into the condenser with out worry of falling off a ladder or my bucket. i don't mind having my feet in the air as i make the connections. I just don't want to end up that way because something slipped and the compressor fell in with me following it. Duct lift is imposable to get onto a roof..that and it wont fit in my van
    How about a collapsable tripod like they use over man holes? Something like this: http://www.northernsafety.com/Produc...62THWI02&PFM=B

You could probably build a lightweight version a lot cheaper using 1" aluminum pipe. I think it's so expensive because of the safety requirements and the weight it has to lift. But just wanted to give you an idea of what to design.
    Low Pressure Forever!

If you know heavy metal, you can work anywhere-Dave Andreson

Anchors Aweigh my boys, Anchors Aweigh!
    Farewell to foreign shores, We sail at break of day. Through our last night on shore, Drink to the foam. Until we meet once more. Here's wishing you a happy voyage home!

excellent..i see it now...small chain hoist at the top..some kind of feet so it would not dig into the roof...just need a way for 3 pipes to come to a point at the top. i really don't want to use 4 pipes..keep the "kit" as light and small as possible

excellent..i see it now...small chain hoist at the top..some kind of feet so it would not dig into the roof...just need a way for 3 pipes to come to a point at the top. i really don't want to use 4 pipes..keep the "kit" as light and small as possible
    Drill a long bolt through all 3.

need a sheer strength greater than 100lb...will have to look in my dewalt book if it has the stamp coding for sheer strength of bolts. But a bolt seem like it would not be rigid enough.

Most air cooled equipment has Compressors under coils which ever they may be Scrolls or Screws or Reciporcating majority of things mentioned will work but I still prefer long slings chocking Compressors and also something to hold back the weight until it is out from under the unit. Same goes for the reinstall.
    Arguing with your Boss is like wrestling with a pig in
    mud.
    After a while you realize that while you are getting
    dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.

It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it
    creative problem solving.

25 years ago we had Bob Hope , Steve Jobs , and Johnny Cash today we have no Hope no Jobs and no Cash !
    I can fix broke but i can't fix stupid !

need a sheer strength greater than 100lb...will have to look in my dewalt book if it has the stamp coding for sheer strength of bolts. But a bolt seem like it would not be rigid enough.
    I think a big Grade 8 should cover you.

Easiest way is to take condensor coil out. Most units this takes less than 15 minutes with a cordless drill not counting time to remove freon. OOPS! Sorry just reread post did not notice the commercial part. Make it 45 minutes. By the time you have the freon recovered you can have tore down to 2 sweat joints to remove coil. But you will need help to remove coil and reinstall.
    Last edited by meoberry; 07-19-2009 at 06:35 PM. Reason: did not see commercial

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast