Northwest Arkansas via Chicago Area via Straight Up from There on Lake Superior

Almost Done, What's Left To Do?

All physical rework done. New HP working. Bringing up new furnace next week and fine tuning the tstat settings.

What's left? Is the R410a that was in the HP enough or should the system be topped off due to the line set requirements (coil has a TXV)?

Do I need any documentation besides warranties and manuals like pressures, air flow measurements, ???????

Any other ideas before the contractor leaves?

Quote Originally Posted by jerryd_2008 View Post
    All physical rework done. New HP working. Bringing up new furnace next week and fine tuning the tstat settings.

What's left? Is the R410a that was in the HP enough or should the system be topped off due to the line set requirements (coil has a TXV)?

Do I need any documentation besides warranties and manuals like pressures, air flow measurements, ???????

Any other ideas before the contractor leaves?
    Stay out of his way and let him do his job without second guessing him, write him a check when he is done.

Manuals & warranty info. If getting an extended warranty, should get something from whomever the warranty is through. Hopefully not the dealer!

Quote Originally Posted by bwalley View Post
    Stay out of his way and let him do his job without second guessing him, write him a check when he is done.
    He already told me the check part and he is doing a good job with some extraordinary needs due to space and prior agreements.

Parts warranty is through manufacturer and it's good. One year labor by the contractor. After reading there is no way I would sign a labor warranty from the manufacturer. Typical extended , cover their butt wording with high implied future costs for service and excluded work.

You advising that there is no need to document the install conditions for the future?

maybe take pics for you own documentation...it also may be needed for home insurance reasons...at least with the company i have they like for me to take pics of any large purchases.

He should probably record all reading on the HP, air flow CFMs, SP that way when something goes wrong in the future the next guy if that be the case will have something to shoot for and you will know what the orginal numbers were barring everything remains the same when the equipment was installed. Have the guy whose doing the install make a copy for oyu to keep with all your paper work for your records.

Start Up List

Quote Originally Posted by DanW13 View Post
    He should probably record all reading on the HP, air flow CFMs, SP that way when something goes wrong in the future the next guy if that be the case will have something to shoot for and you will know what the orginal numbers were barring everything remains the same when the equipment was installed. Have the guy whose doing the install make a copy for oyu to keep with all your paper work for your records.
    There's a Start Up List that came with the HP/furnace. Has some questions on it. Is that the vehicle to use?