Its a friday night, and this is how i spend it

1st time using stay brite 8. Never tried soft soldering before, always brazed. Im liking what I see so far, for 3/8 and 1/4 line heats up in a few seconds with just a propane torch, no more 30lb oxy/acc rigs to haul up a roof

For work inside small areas (reach ins) this would make my life so much easier. Lets me know what you think

Im gonna let it sit overnight and see how it holds up, been about 30mins so far
    Attached Images Attached Images    

You haven't finished the wiring yet, right?
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    You haven't finished the wiring yet, right?
    missing... wiring, thermostat, condenser, compressor.... someone stole it i guess

yeah just im fat so when i have to install in evap. in a reach in i put it together and leak check the coil/txv/solenoid the night before i install it
    i dont fit good inside small areas

thats just 120v for the solenoid from my garage outlet, i only put in a fitting on the suction side, so i need to open the valve to get the nitrogen to flow to the high side

pressure held all night, even pumped it up to 300psi.. im impressed

just takes a few times to get used to applying the flux first, i forget and had to redo one joint

wondering about vibration test also...put it under 300 psi and have a auto thumper/shaker of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowirenut View Post
    wondering about vibration test also...put it under 300 psi and have a auto thumper/shaker of some sort.
    i cant think of a way to test this in my garage, sit out there and tap it with a hammer, or just open and close the solenoid alot

UPDATE:

Installed it monday, haven't had an issue yet

Quote Originally Posted by marter View Post
    UPDATE:

Installed it monday, haven't had an issue yet
    If you cleaned the pipe properly, used flux and got a good joint with your #8.....you never will have a problem.....

My last boss has been using it for over 20 years now.....never had a single issue with it.....

BUT....after leaving him.....I went back to brazing.....
    I need a new signature.....

Quote Originally Posted by I_bend_metal View Post
    If you cleaned the pipe properly, used flux and got a good joint with your #8.....you never will have a problem.....

My last boss has been using it for over 20 years now.....never had a single issue with it.....

BUT....after leaving him.....I went back to brazing.....
    i dont see myself using this on linesets much bigger then 3/8s or so. but it made my day alot eaiser making the 2 joints inside the reachin will a little torch

For small valves and such, this stuff is awesome. As long as you can get a good clean fit up, apply the flux properly and don't overheat the pipe or solder, this stuff will hold almost anything that your basic refrigeration system can throw at it.

It's just not as forgiving as old oxy/acetylene w/ 15% when you mess up.