+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Before and after

Post Likes

Before and after

Well sort of,the old beast was an original snowman from probably the twenties or thirties and this took it`s place.Attachment 39942

Attachment 39952

Attachment 39962

Attachment 39972

Attachment 39982

Attachment 39992
    I love overtime I just hate working for it.

Post Likes
    Looks real nice to me. Our last steamer was a Smith, new owner took it out immediately and put in forced air. Go figure.

Anyway, you like Smith? We've used a few on hot water but with problems. Ignitors barely last a year, had one we had to jury-rig the rollout with factory permission to keep the sucker online. So much for the low price.

Post Likes
    Not Me that sells them,I just install,but the service guys don`t seem to mind them.
    I love overtime I just hate working for it.

Post Likes

Last Steamer

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Looks real nice to me. Our last steamer was a Smith, new owner took it out immediately and put in forced air. Go figure.
    BaldLoonie: Was this job over on Forest Blvd right off Kessler?? If it was, that was a real nice looking job. Unfortunately I had hand in ripping all that out, and I remember thinking the guy that bought that house must be crazy.

Post Likes
    Dat the one!

The deadmen would be rolling over in their graves seeing a steamer removed for scorched air, as they call it.

But if they were to keep it, needed that big steam main insulated. Took forever to get the last radiators hot. We sized on radiation, would have really oversized to compensate for that uninsulated main in the cold basement. We ain't the sharpest on steam!

One of the owners saw the finished product. I only saw the house which hadn't been remodeled since it was built in the 40s Your back recover from removing the radiators yet?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Dat the one!

The deadmen would be rolling over in their graves seeing a steamer removed for scorched air, as they call it.

But if they were to keep it, needed that big steam main insulated. Took forever to get the last radiators hot. We sized on radiation, would have really oversized to compensate for that uninsulated main in the cold basement. We ain't the sharpest on steam!

One of the owners saw the finished product. I only saw the house which hadn't been remodeled since it was built in the 40s Your back recover from removing the radiators yet?

That job went for us last fall if I remember correctly. Service was kind of slow and so I ended up in the crew to tear everything out. We took out everything piping, rads etc.

From what I remember somebody bought that house and was basically flipping it and there was no way he was going to let the steam boiler stay. Everyone thought it was kind of ridiculous but for the money the company I work for sure wasn't going to turn the job down. It just seemed like a shame!!!

Post Likes
    He was flipping it. I think he paid you $20K. Our bid was similar but I think he had dealings with you guys before.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in