Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Viessmann Vitodens with domestic hot water and thermal heating solar

http://wilsonservices.shutterfly.com/28

Here is the heating system for our shop; athough most of the distribution is happening outside of this pic.

OOPs, this install does not have thermal solar heating; it does have domestic hot water solar heating which is not visible in the pic (other than the dual coil Viessmann water heater)

Wow, I'd have to classify that as looking like the cleanest install I've seen. More pics! More pics! Let's see the rest.

very nice, viessman is the best but very expensive. How do you like that wilo variable speed main boiler pump under the boiler? I want to start using them soon. is that the vitodens 200?

Pretty slick install. Why do all the basements I encounter have 10 different appliances shoved into a space that small, and I am forrced to work around it all?

Very nice looking job!

I assume you must be a Viessman fan. Sell me!

I have been researching Viessman oil boilers and am tempted to sell/install a few but have seen some complaints online. On the other hand, they are very popular here in my town in Alaska and have a good reputation and distributor.

I introduced Energy Kinetics here many years ago. My own, at about 25 yrs, is the oldest EK here, my test model as the 1st dealer in the west. Still going strong and problem free.

Since I quit selling Sys 2000 I have stuck with Laars Max and Burnham LE because they were the closest substitute for a low mass boiler available here.
    I am finally ready to try some heavier boilers with outdoor reset.

The Laars is dropping the Max oil and I get some resistance to the LE from burner service techs here. (I do only boiler installations and not the burner service).

This leaves me looking for more options.

Viessman schmeeseman

I had worked on two of the 200kbtu vitodens and had a lot of problems. Viessman knew about the combustion chamber problem and did nothing about it. They gave us gas valves, controls and a blower assembly, sent a factory rep to install it all. It worked well for about 2 months and the problems started again. At this time the warranty expired and then they thumbed us.
    Do they sell good products, sure. Do most of them have the wow factor, undeniable. Customer service that another company would have replaced the unit, we were left hanging. I'll stick to buderus.
    Happiness is the only good. The time to be happy is now. The place to be happy is here. The way to be happy is to make others so.
    -Robert Green Ingersoll

Thanks

Thanks atufano, I appreciate the input.
    I am looking at the oil fired boilers. Most of the problems I read about are with gas fired which is why we have not heard those problems here where it mostly oil fired.
    Still, it is discouraging to hear about the support. I have read that on other forums.
    Buderus is very expensive so maybe I am still with Burnham. The MPO is rated at 87%.
    What would make Buderus worth so much more than a Burnham with Teckmar control?

Quote Originally Posted by KevinCorr View Post
    Thanks atufano, I appreciate the input.
    I am looking at the oil fired boilers. Most of the problems I read about are with gas fired which is why we have not heard those problems here where it mostly oil fired.
    Still, it is discouraging to hear about the support. I have read that on other forums.
    Buderus is very expensive so maybe I am still with Burnham. The MPO is rated at 87%.
    What would make Buderus worth so much more than a Burnham with Teckmar control?
    From my perspective Burnham has a less than reliable name since the v-1x and v-7x series. I have installed plenty of burnhams only to re-install them again. They gave you just the block, until recently the door as well. After a while, I made it a habit to put unions and valves on the supply and return. They don't have an internal scoop and they tend to be a bit noisy. I guess if you like the MPO (buderus copy) and perrless pro (buderus copy) you'll be alright.
    I know with buderus you do not need to watch your return temperature a much because of thir cast recipe. Their 2104 is a bit pricey, but it has better performance out of the box and it makes for a cleaner/sleeker installation. I have had where simple tech futzes with a tekmar and causes big problems. With the 2104, you push a switch and you're done.
    Happiness is the only good. The time to be happy is now. The place to be happy is here. The way to be happy is to make others so.
    -Robert Green Ingersoll

Nice one Gary. But that doesn't look like any shop that I have seen !

atufano: "...From my perspective Burnham has a less than reliable name since the v-1x..."

The Burnham V14 (up to V16) was the most popular boiler here back in the day when I sold Energy Kinetics. They were popular because they were reliable. I never installed one because they were/are hogs.

I just today cleaned the tankless coil on an old V16. What a pig. Too bad it doesn't die so I could sell her something efficient.

The first Burnhams that I sold and installed were the LE. I have not seen problems. I heard about some early problems that apparently were worked out before I got one.

A lot of people can't afford Buderus so I am looking for options. Efficient and affordable.

The Laars Max was great. I have a 10 yr old that has been very economical. Sadly, they quit selling the oil one though.

I worked in the service side of boilers. From my experience, and that is all I am drawing from, I never liked burnhams. I haven't changed out many Buderus boilers. I don't like on burnhams where they put the coils, how they are mounted, the flu only comes up the top, the clean outs were a joke, and more often then not, they were a ***** to service.
    Cheap, sure they were, and the LE's had a condensate problem, and with those flimsy baffles. Yeah you could get a burnham for about 2/3 of a buderus, but it made up in the longevity, reliability, serviceability, and overall better design. I've been replacing a lot of burnhams but don't come across many buderus replacements.
    -Robert Green Ingersoll

I like those newer triangle tubes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast