Closed Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Roof job finally done.. warning I posted a book

Post Likes
    Wow, I`m glad Im not the only one that thinks Bwalley is a complete idiot.
    Zach, ignore is the only way to go, the guy is like a broken record, same garbage out of his mouth over and over. Arguing with him will just make you wanna put a gun in your mouth.
    Sorry - yesterday was the deadline for all complaints.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vmc1161 View Post
    So when someone not familiar with the lay out goes to service the units or electrical they what ... guess? Or do they spend an hour making sure they are on the right unit?

Here's a tip that I'm sure you don't want or will use ... the T-stat, furnace (a/h) and condenser should all be marked the same. That way no guess work for anyone else who comes along.

I await your reply ...

All the units are very well marked, no guess work for anyone. What does a "call for service" sticker on the roof have to do with any of that?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by zachhvac View Post
    That guy as you call him owns his company, has a trailer worth probably 50,000 dollars materials and equipment and has been in business for awhile.
    I dont think I ever posted the finished exterior pictures.
    I think pretty cool, considering what a 'hack' I am.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by praha99 View Post
    I dont think I ever posted the finished exterior pictures.
    I think pretty cool, considering what a 'hack' I am.

That's a nice lookin rig man. If you don't mind me asking, is it making a large enough difference when you drag it to a sales call to make it worthwhile? How do customers receive it when you ask them outside to check out your product line?

I've been contemplating something similar to this to try and give us a little boost. Thanks in advance.

To the others here. Don't sweat bwalley. Do a little googling and you'll find that he's a user of a number of internet forums. Some of his posts in those forums are parallel to his posts here, so it's obvious his issues go deeper than just a gripe over a guy wearing sneakers on a job site. He's what's known as a self-absorbed narcissist, and I believe that, while he may be a good person with good intentions, he cannot control his illness, and it drive's his need to berate others.

While I do have a soft spot for anyone with a mental illness, I don't want to read his diatribe either, so the ignore function works nicely.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gasoilair View Post
    That's a nice lookin rig man. If you don't mind me asking, is it making a large enough difference when you drag it to a sales call to make it worthwhile? How do customers receive it when you ask them outside to check out your product line?

I've been contemplating something similar to this to try and give us a little boost. Thanks in advance.

To the others here. Don't sweat bwalley. Do a little googling and you'll find that he's a user of a number of internet forums. Some of his posts in those forums are parallel to his posts here, so it's obvious his issues go deeper than just a gripe over a guy wearing sneakers on a job site. He's what's known as a self-absorbed narcissist, and I believe that, while he may be a good person with good intentions, he cannot control his illness, and it drive's his need to berate others.

While I do have a soft spot for anyone with a mental illness, I don't want to read his diatribe either, so the ignore function works nicely.
    The guy posts pictures in the Wall of Fame, and he cries like a little girl when I as well as others point out issues with his work.

I post my name and my license numbers, and I do not hide behind a screen name like you nad he does, I am also from a state that has strict requirements for licensing, unlike Illinois.

BTW I was not the 1st guy to point out the OSHA Violation of wearing tennis shoes on a commercial job, pahra didn't even realize he was on a commercial job, that shows you how on top of things he is.

There are some that have high standards, and there are those that have the "it is good enough" attitude, I do things right, or I don't do them at all.

On the tennis shoes issue, I threw some roofers off of my job today for not having boots on.

BTW What line of work are you in?

Post Likes
    Gasoilair:

I think the biggest advantage is marketing, it really gets folks talking, during a presentation you should see peoples faces driving by.. their like WTH!?!?
    Driving down the street with a stainless billboard like that,especially when the sun is reflecting off it, I think folks remember our name, unless they get into an accident from the glare

I`m having the back of our trucks done up to market the trailer but unfortunately (or fortunately) I`ve been so busy I haven`t had a chance to market it as mush as I`d like.

One nice thing is it makes my presentations shorter, I could try to explain all day how quiet a variable speed furnace is but going on the trailer, turning on a single stage furnace, then running a variable speed .. it`s just priceless. Demonstrating T sats , humidifiers, air cleaners.. so much easier when folks see and understand the differences. Makes selling higher end equipment a breeze.
    I think when people see exactly what they are getting it makes a big difference.

Haven`t seen any more sales than usual but I`ve raised my prices a bit.
    I say it sure doesn`t hurt.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bwalley View Post
    The guy posts pictures in the Wall of Fame, and he cries like a little girl when I as well as others point out issues with his work.

I post my name and my license numbers, and I do not hide behind a screen name like you nad he does, I am also from a state that has strict requirements for licensing, unlike Illinois.

BTW I was not the 1st guy to point out the OSHA Violation of wearing tennis shoes on a commercial job, pahra didn't even realize he was on a commercial job, that shows you how on top of things he is.

There are some that have high standards, and there are those that have the "it is good enough" attitude, I do things right, or I don't do them at all.

On the tennis shoes issue, I threw some roofers off of my job today for not having boots on.

BTW What line of work are you in?
    And i am the best in the nearest three states and i have sandy blonde hair, and all the girls dig me and im a contractor, and im the best, and i only do things perfectly and im the best and i have my own company and i hire and fire at will and im the best and we have very stringent licensing that only i can pass and im special and im the best...period. And if you dont believe me just ask and i will tell you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,im the best.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Post Likes

This guys is starting to amuse me.. is it bad to laugh at the mentally ill?

I got a newsflash for you Valley Walley just cause you got some piece of paper from some Gov. agency doesn`t make you the superman of HVAC..

Im a hack I admit it, without a a license all of us in Illinois are according to you.. ALL hacks because without the GOV. I just don`t know what to do on my own, I need nObama to tell me what to do every step of the way

heres some of my other hack work ( I have yet to see even one of your installs btw,) I`m betting you have nothing to show right now. probably waiting to do that one a/c that takes you all day just so you make no mistakes and you can take pics of it lol

well heres more of my non licensed hackery:

Look at those hacked up holes we make.. just horrible, if only I had the gov. to give me a license, I could be so much better lol

Post Likes
    I realize I am probably pouring gasoline on the fire, but I would like to see some pictures of Bwalley's work... that is, work that Bwalley did with his own hands (not something one of his employees did).
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *The value of comfort, over the long term; leave economic choices behind!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Praha ur a perty man, im proud to be your friend.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by praha99 View Post
    I got a newsflash for you Valley Walley just cause you got some piece of paper from some Gov. agency doesn`t make you the superman of HVAC..

Im a hack I admit it, without a a license all of us in Illinois are according to you.. ALL hacks because without the GOV. I just don`t know what to do on my own, I need nObama to tell me what to do every step of the way

heres some of my other hack work ( I have yet to see even one of your installs btw,) I`m betting you have nothing to show right now. probably waiting to do that one a/c that takes you all day just so you make no mistakes and you can take pics of it lol

well heres more of my non licensed hackery:

Look at those hacked up holes we make.. just horrible, if only I had the gov. to give me a license, I could be so much better lol
    This work looks pretty good, do you sub out your sheet metal work or do it in house?

BTW the state of Florida doesn't just give out licenses, We have to prove we know what we are doing, to get a license, Illinois doesn't even require HVAC contractors or General contractors to be licensed, anyone can be a contractor up there.

Post Likes
    And i am the best in the nearest three states and i have sandy blonde hair, and all the girls dig me and im a contractor, and im the best, and i only do things perfectly and im the best and i have my own company and i hire and fire at will and im the best and we have very stringent licensing that only i can pass and im special and im the best...period. And if you dont believe me just ask and i will tell you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,im the best.
    For a guy who has me on ignore, you sure flap your jaw alot.

Post Likes
    When the government issues minimum standards, that becomes the quality standard of the job... however;

When the marketplace decides what the quality standards are, then the customer has to get involved. I like a customer that is involved... as an informed customer is my best customer. Most of the 'tech types' and 'engineers' like me because they know I am dedicated to quality... they can 'SEE' it.

On the other hand, the ones that depend on the government think they will get the same quality regardless of the price... and they just try for the lowest bid. And we know what happens when one takes the low bid... they get what they pay for.

There is literally NOTHING the government has ever taken control of that is a better value than what private enterprise does. NOTHING!

As you can tell, I tend toward libertarian views...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

*The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    When the government issues minimum standards, that becomes the quality standard of the job... however;

When the marketplace decides what the quality standards are, then the customer has to get involved. I like a customer that is involved... as an informed customer is my best customer. Most of the 'tech types' and 'engineers' like me because they know I am dedicated to quality... they can 'SEE' it.

On the other hand, the ones that depend on the government think they will get the same quality regardless of the price... and they just try for the lowest bid. And we know what happens when one takes the low bid... they get what they pay for.

There is literally NOTHING the government has ever taken control of that is a better value than what private enterprise does. NOTHING!

As you can tell, I tend toward libertarian views...
    The problem with just following building code is, it is the minimum standard.

The reason states that require competency testing, building codes and inspections is because it raises standards, it does not lower standards.

Many people will not even follow the minimum standards unless they have to because of inspections, apparently Illinois does not require inspections or even licenses for HVAC work.

One reason why I was criticized for pointing out a few problems with this job was due to budget constraints, so it appears that some contractors will do sub standard work just to get the job because the client doesn't want to pay to do it right.

This guy has a nice trailer and some nice trucks, based on his website he has a few pictures of his work, the majority of them are the ones posted here and soem stock photo's and pictures of his trailer, his duct cleaning equipment and some other tools.

I will post some pictures of my work, but what are you going to be able to tell by looking at some airhandlers, condensing units, RTU's?

I don't take pictures of condensing units or an airhandlers, but if that is what you want, I will take some of a commercial job I did a few years ago that I will be at tommorow.

The commercial job I am on now we haven't started on the HVAC yet, but I will be happy to post pictures of it.

Where are your pictures?

Post Likes
    Praha ur a perty man, im proud to be your friend.
    Did those pics show up for you.. I couldn`t get them to work..

pic below.. don`t work for me

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...erTruckBox.jpg

Post Likes
    I don't take pictures of A/C jobs but will post some of my comercial job when the units are installed.

If this guy was proud of that job, I would hate to see his mediocre jobs.

I am not a liberal, but you sound like one, are you in a Union?

If you think that was a good install, that is great, but it has a lot of issues with it, one reason could be because Illinois has lax licensing laws, no permit or inspections was required for that job.
    So you dont or you do take pictures? Which one is it walley, here you plainly state you DO NOT take pictures, now your going to post some?

Post Likes
    So you dont or you do take pictures? Which one is it walley, here you plainly state you DO NOT take pictures, now your going to post some?
    I thought you were ignoring me.

I will be at a commercial job tommorow that I have done some work on, it is less than 1/2 a mile away from a current commercial job I am doing, I have my camera in the truck and I will take some pictures for you.

I do more than just A/C and pictures of a RTU or some split systems are not what I show clients, I show them pictures of buildings I have done, elevation changes, room additions, Kitchens, pool remodels, houses, etc., when a client calls me about an A/C system, they don't want to see a picture, they want the job done right and wouldn't know what it looked like anyway.

Where are your pictures?

Post Likes
    The problem with just following building code is, it is the minimum standard.

The reason states that require competency testing, building codes and inspections is because it raises standards, it does not lower standards.
    Hmmm, the point I was making seems to have been missed. I understand fully what you are saying, but I think there is another view to consider.

Anyone can follow the rules, and many can follow the rules to the 'T'... I have done jobs that were literally EXACTLY to code in literally every aspect. But is doing the job to the 'T' the goal, or is meeting the customer's needs the goal?

My point is that when there are no rules the customer has to take a pro-active interest in how their money is spent. In other words, either they take an interest, or get taken. It is always in the best interest for the customer to be involved, it is a win-win for everyone.

When the government sets minimum standards, those are the standards. But if I as the consumer have to get involved to understand what I am buying, I can set standards at whatever level I want to.

As I said in my previous post: The folks that think the government standards are good enough... they just price shop--thinking everyone is the same... and we know that when a person takes the low bid, they get what they pay for (or they get taken by a slick sales guy and still get the equivalent of the low bid).

Not having the illusion that the government will protect and take care of you; makes the public responsible for themselves.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Hmmm, the point I was making seems to have been missed. I understand fully what you are saying, but I think there is another view to consider.

Anyone can follow the rules, and many can follow the rules to the 'T'... I have done jobs that were literally EXACTLY to code in literally every aspect. But is doing the job to the 'T' the goal, or is meeting the customer's needs the goal?

My point is that when there are no rules the customer has to take a pro-active interest in how their money is spent. In other words, either they take an interest, or get taken. It is always in the best interest for the customer to be involved, it is a win-win for everyone.

When the government sets minimum standards, those are the standards. But if I as the consumer have to get involved to understand what I am buying, I can set standards at whatever level I want to.

As I said in my previous post: The folks that think the government standards are good enough... they just price shop--thinking everyone is the same... and we know that when a person takes the low bid, they get what they pay for (or they get taken by a slick sales guy and still get the equivalent of the low bid).

Not having the illusion that the government will protect and take care of you; makes the public responsible for themselves.
    Well said, i do not go to work for the state, or any other form of government. I go to work for me,my work is a reflection of me. Having a degree, local or state, license, journeyman card etc. Has nothing to do with what type of mechanic you are.
    Those that shout about their piece of paper probably do very poor work. Keep in mind the people doing these jobs are for the most part the employees not the owners, and the employees do not carry the license the owner does.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in