Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vmc1161 View Post
    You ask what we think ... we tell you and you start crying ... maybe you should have asked for and excepted more input as to ideas of how to make a job like this better. Also, many guys here who have really great information do not post because guys like you call them back stabbers. If you do not want honest constructive criticism why do you ask. If some of the things that were mentioned by myself and others is small and dumb and not worth your effort then why do you ask. I and others were sincere in our efforts to give you useful input.

sincerely
    back stabber
    Oh stop it, you know we value your input.
    The problem with jobs like these are they are hard to bid and lord knows the customer is not going to pay for extras. So many of these jobs are tite to begin with because the market is flooded with Craigslist hacks etc. I just think sometimes everyone can be a little hard on each other.
    How many jobs can be done letter perfect before the company and employee are out of work?
    Like i said i saw things that could have been done differently BUT i wasnt there and i didnt bid it.
    Take into account that hvac people are already weird and 100 out of 100 would have a different way to do a job , all of them right and theres already a difference out of the box.
    I would never call you or anyone else a backstabber, unless you came behind me and threw me under a bus, because we all know thats not hard to do, and it certainly isnt who you are brother.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Quote Originally Posted by zachhvac View Post
    Oh stop it, you know we value your input.
    The problem with jobs like these are they are hard to bid and lord knows the customer is not going to pay for extras. So many of these jobs are tite to begin with because the market is flooded with Craigslist hacks etc. I just think sometimes everyone can be a little hard on each other.
    How many jobs can be done letter perfect before the company and employee are out of work?
    Like i said i saw things that could have been done differently BUT i wasnt there and i didnt bid it.
    Take into account that hvac people are already weird and 100 out of 100 would have a different way to do a job , all of them right and theres already a difference out of the box.
    I would never call you or anyone else a backstabber, unless you came behind me and threw me under a bus, because we all know thats not hard to do, and it certainly isnt who you are brother.

We did a job about five years ago, about twenty 7.5 ton splits. Well the original plan was to move all the units from half the roof to the other half while they did the roof. Then we would move all of them to the finished roof section and start re-installing the ones on that side. Sounds good ... oh but how plans change ... the roofers showed up and there were about thirty of them and they started working all over the place. Now there was no place to store the units or anything else. This was a wet mop and stone roof and "tar" was everywhere. What a mess, temperatures were in the nineties and everywhere you stepped tar came oozing out. We got the job done ... I was happy it was done ... I was not so happy with how it came out. For us it was time and material so I had hoped to correct some things about the original installation. So I do understand where he is coming from, he should try and understand where we are coming from.

Hey your post was a good one ...............................................

for a change ......

"Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Quote Originally Posted by vmc1161 View Post
    We did a job about five years ago, about twenty 7.5 ton splits. Well the original plan was to move all the units from half the roof to the other half while they did the roof. Then we would move all of them to the finished roof section and start re-installing the ones on that side. Sounds good ... oh but how plans change ... the roofers showed up and there were about thirty of them and they started working all over the place. Now there was no place to store the units or anything else. This was a wet mop and stone roof and "tar" was everywhere. What a mess, temperatures were in the nineties and everywhere you stepped tar came oozing out. We got the job done ... I was happy it was done ... I was not so happy with how it came out. For us it was time and material so I had hoped to correct some things about the original installation. So I do understand where he is coming from, he should try and understand where we are coming from.

Hey your post was a good one ...............................................

for a change ......

My meds must be working, sometimes i dont come across very well in print, had we talked in person im promise you wouldnt have been upset, im trying to learn from Robo

This thread sort of got out of hand. Looks like real clean work to me.

only thing i would like to add is why didnt you change all the disconnects?

Damn.

I wouldn't have done it like this. Not a chance. Have to go more the Florida way here too. I fear the wind and mounting the disconnects on the equipment will get you fired.

But, I don't get many of these jobs cause there is a long line of contractors that will do it for way less, hoping to make up for it on the condemned units.

But, the REAL BIG BUT, is in 90% of the jobs I see like this make this job look beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by calebj77 View Post
    This thread sort of got out of hand. Looks like real clean work to me.
    That is because you don't know what a proper installation should look like, several issues were pointed out, yet people cried about the budget, if you can't do the job right, don't do it all.

BTW How much does a pair of work boots cost?

Talking

The few questions I have are:

Is the Customer Happy NOW?
    Did you make any money?
    Would you do it again?
    DON"T mess with the US
    I thought I had been there and done That.
    ITS ALL ABOUT LEARNIN!
    I thought it would be better by now
    "He who works with his hands is a laborer.
    He who works with his hands & his head is a craftsman.
    He who works with his hands, his head & his heart is an artist."
    ~St. Francis of Assisi

What did you do with the condensers while the roof was beenin topped?
    DON"T mess with the US
    I thought I had been there and done That.
    ITS ALL ABOUT LEARNIN!
    I thought it would be better by now
    "He who works with his hands is a laborer.
    He who works with his hands & his head is a craftsman.
    He who works with his hands, his head & his heart is an artist."
    ~St. Francis of Assisi

Quote Originally Posted by bwalley View Post
    That is because you don't know what a proper installation should look like, several issues were pointed out, yet people cried about the budget, if you can't do the job right, don't do it all.

BTW How much does a pair of work boots cost?
    Pretty cocky for someone with zero responsibility there Wally. You the reason we sometimes FIRE people and enjoy it.
    Talk all you want to but you have no idea what you are talking about, your just a rude little person.

Pretty cocky for someone with zero responsibility there Wally. You the reason we sometimes FIRE people and enjoy it.
    Talk all you want to but you have no idea what you are talking about, your just a rude little person.

The guys pictures speak for themselves, it was not a job I would put on the wall of fame, but this guy did and when issues with it are pointed out (I was not the only 1 who was critical), he cries about it.

No he didnt i was just defending him, there are alot of things that go into a job, besides do we know what it looked like before?

No he didnt i was just defending him, there are alot of things that go into a job, besides do we know what it looked like before?
    Why does it matter what the job looked like before?

If you are called out to a job a hack worked on, are you going to do a 1/2 assed job, just because it may be a little better than it was before, or are you going to do the job the right way?

This was a new equipment changeout, it wasn't like he was just called out to service the units.

If you think he did a good job that is great, he wouldn't last long with me.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast