Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lash View Post
    Actually....the 6' rule only applies to iron workers or roofers. For everybody else it's 15'.
    Wow, here in FL, (Hillsborough County) I thought the six foot rule applied to strippers and pratrons.
    If you don't have the time to do it right, when are you going to find the time to fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by arcticbreeze View Post
    Wow, here in FL, (Hillsborough County) I thought the six foot rule applied to strippers and pratrons.
    IIRC....that is called the 'Sniffers Row' rule.

Chicago is an indian word for stinky!!!!!!
    -supertek65

Now that is funny!

Wow, here in FL, (Hillsborough County) I thought the six foot rule applied to strippers and patrons.
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersfan1 View Post
    Now that is funny!
    That is an actual Ordinance in the City of Tampa, it was enacted to try and put them out of business by effectively outlawing "Lap Dances".

Quote Originally Posted by bwalley View Post
    That is an actual Ordinance in the City of Tampa, it was enacted to try and put them out of business by effectively outlawing "Lap Dances".
    Shows IMO how anal the government in FL is... anyone knows you cannot legislate morality.

Seriously: Quality work is an attitude. But if the customer does not want to pay enough to do the job right... well I guess one has to do the best quality they can within the budget the job has.

It amazes me that folks (customers) think all work is like a commodity... that they can take the lowest bid and expect perfection. Where do they think the $$$ for that quality comes from? Oh yeah, I forgot; the government guarantees it with endless paperwork.

Please do not get me wrong. I do strictly residential, I am high priced (not the highest but usually close), and my work is great to excellent. Most of what I did the last few years would qualify for the tax credit now. But if the customer does not want excellent, and will not pay for it, what then? I just walk away, but not everyone can do that.

My suggestion: Everyone has their nitch in the market. Rather than slice someone apart, lets work together as an industry. Education of the customer is the best way I know to raise the quality standard of customer expectation... and the few guys that do really shameful work will be driven out of the marketplace. (I do not think the job in this thread qualifies as shameful, I have seen finished work that looked worse that the before pictures in this thread).

IMO: given a tight budget; retired folks being cooked w/out air; roofers crawling all over the place; a rush schedule; limited budget; and a host of other issues... the guy did a good job. At least he tried to clean up the linesets; at least he tried to clean up the wiring; at least the 240V wires ARE in sealtite; at least all the units are still attached to the right condo's (yeah, mis-matching DOES happen); at least all the units are sitting on pads... I could go on and on.

Bottom line: The customer had an expectation, the contractor filled it. Business deal done.

Oh, just curious: Did anyone ever answer the question about pressure change with the plywood 6" from the unit?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by bwalley View Post
    Yeah, I am in New Port Richey, FL now but I lived in Tampa when they passed it. You couldn't help but hear about it. It was a battle between Joe Redner (owner of the world famous Mons Venus) and the former Mayor Dick Grecko. It was all over the news at that time.
    If you don't have the time to do it right, when are you going to find the time to fix it?

Yeah, I am in New Port Richey, FL now but I lived in Tampa when they passed it. You couldn't help but hear about it. It was a battle between Joe Redner (owner of the world famous Mons Venus) and the former Mayor Dick Grecko. It was all over the news at that time.
    They don't have that rule in Hudson at Bare Assetts.

Prah why do you care what someones employee thinks about your work?
    Especially since he has been so vindictive about it, anyone who would spend so much time bashing anothers work probably cant even begin to do the job.
    There were things i would have done differently , but, i understand time, material, delays,pricing etc all figure into what you can and cannot do.

Fine job ,,,,btw i didnt see any equipment stickers bro, you do have to do those.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Was on youtube this morning and stumbled across this video. When I watched it, this thread popped into my brain. I guess not all companies in the TPA/RSW area are doing a perfect job either. I see a lot of red-tags...LOL.

1) equipment to close together in 23 second frame.

2) non-OSHA footwear in the 1:00 minute frame.

3) sneakers, shorts, and no-hardhat on a rooftop/crane install in the 1:10 frame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G1iAIaOpF8&NR=1

Quote Originally Posted by probe View Post
    This is exactly why so few people post pictures of there work. There are plenty of tools on the internet with keyboard balls ready to cut you down.
    We all know as small business owners what the customer is willing to pay for when we bid jobs like this one. Replacement work is much more difficult than new construction period.
    I will not revisit this thread and argue with this Bwally character because i know i am better than him at installing and servicing HVAC equipment.
    praha99.. tell the cougar on the back of the trailer i said hellllooooo LOL
    Very true ! I`ve seen it here time and time again, great looking jobs and guys just itching to find the smallest dumbest issue to rip the poster about.
    That`s whats wrong with this industry, the other guy just can`t wait to stab another in the back.(not even his competition)

I had 2 months of sleepless nights and stressed out days because of this job, I think it took a year of my life. Weekends, nights, not seeing my kids... I know it`s not perfect but it turned out great considering all the potential problem and things that could have gone wrong. Everything rested on my shoulders.
    So I post some pics proud of the work and what do I get; slack about shoes and tape and crap!
    I`m too emotionally invested to have posted this, I should have seen it coming.
    oh well
    Sorry - yesterday was the deadline for all complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by zachhvac View Post
    Prah why do you care what someones employee thinks about your work?
    Lol didn`t look at it that way .. so true. Thanx.

The owners never go on the roof, it`s locked unless service is needed, so I thought stickers would be a waste there. I placed em all on the furnaces in the units
    Sorry - yesterday was the deadline for all complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by praha99 View Post
    Very true ! I`ve seen it here time and time again, great looking jobs and guys just itching to find the smallest dumbest issue to rip the poster about.
    That`s whats wrong with this industry, the other guy just can`t wait to stab another in the back.(not even his competition)

I had 2 months of sleepless nights and stressed out days because of this job, I think it took a year of my life. Weekends, nights, not seeing my kids... I know it`s not perfect but it turned out great considering all the potential problem and things that could have gone wrong. Everything rested on my shoulders.
    So I post some pics proud of the work and what do I get; slack about shoes and tape and crap!
    I`m too emotionally invested to have posted this, I should have seen it coming.
    oh well
    You ask what we think ... we tell you and you start crying ... maybe you should have asked for and excepted more input as to ideas of how to make a job like this better. Also, many guys here who have really great information do not post because guys like you call them back stabbers. If you do not want honest constructive criticism why do you ask. If some of the things that were mentioned by myself and others is small and dumb and not worth your effort then why do you ask. I and others were sincere in our efforts to give you useful input.

sincerely
    back stabber
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Quote Originally Posted by praha99 View Post
    Lol didn`t look at it that way .. so true. Thanx.

The owners never go on the roof, it`s locked unless service is needed, so I thought stickers would be a waste there. I placed em all on the furnaces in the units

So when someone not familiar with the lay out goes to service the units or electrical they what ... guess? Or do they spend an hour making sure they are on the right unit?

Here's a tip that I'm sure you don't want or will use ... the T-stat, furnace (a/h) and condenser should all be marked the same. That way no guess work for anyone else who comes along.

I await your reply ...

"Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast