Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast
    Nice try but none of those are small HVAC business, which is what we are talking about.
    I have yet to see an OSHA inspector.. EVER at any of my jobs..

NEXT!
    Sorry - yesterday was the deadline for all complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by praha99 View Post
    In 1996, Congress passed the Small Business Regulatory Enforcement Fairness Act (SBREFA) in response to concerns expressed by the small business community that federal regulations were too numerous, too complex, and too expensive to implement. The legislation also gives small businesses expanded authority to recover attorney’s fees and costs when a federal agency has been found to have acted excessively in enforcing federal regulations.

$100,000 fines yeah right..
    Are you saying OSHA does not fine companies $100,000?

read these links.

$100,000 fine to a small HVAC company?

Nice try but none of those are small HVAC business, which is what we are talking about.
    I have yet to see an OSHA inspector.. EVER at any of my jobs..

NEXT!
    OSHA can come out on any job, just because you haven't seen them on an HVAC job, does not mean they aren't a concern.

If you want to play russian roullete with OSHA, that is fine by me, but I have had them on my jobs before, and although I have never been fined or even issued correction notices, it is not fun having them out.

Mods please move this to the HALL OF SHAME.
    Bwally you win feel better about yourself now? I hope so
    I can`t believe I just spent all this energy arguing with this tool

Jesus I gotta go.

I can't believe I just sat here and clicked through all this crap. You guys bicker like women......or worse.

Chicago is an indian word for stinky!!!!!!
    -supertek65

$100,000 fine to a small HVAC company?
    It could happen depending on the severity of the citation, but the $10,000 fines are the more common ones.

The larger fines are for what is called wanton and willful disregard for safety.

One issue that they get real touchy about is fall protection, not an issue on a job with a flat roof and a parapet wall 42" or higher, but on a flat roof with no parapet wall, if you are closer than 6' to the edge of the roof, fall protection is required.

Mods please move this to the HALL OF SHAME.

Jesus I gotta go.
    This is exactly why so few people post pictures of there work. There are plenty of tools on the internet with keyboard balls ready to cut you down.
    We all know as small business owners what the customer is willing to pay for when we bid jobs like this one. Replacement work is much more difficult than new construction period.
    I will not revisit this thread and argue with this Bwally character because i know i am better than him at installing and servicing HVAC equipment.
    praha99.. tell the cougar on the back of the trailer i said hellllooooo LOL

I`m all about less Gov. less regulation,
    You forgot to mention less quality ...

I could care less what some Gov. agency recommends for foot wear.
    You wanna be a Gov. lackey, to each his own I guess.

I said in my first post that you seemed to be thin skinned ... I am sure of that now. Some guys (including myself) have tried to bring things to your attention that are helpful ... only to have you throw a fit. If you rebel against people that are trying to help you improve, you will not ... think about it.

Do not bother telling me ... I know I'm a tool ... I think the last time I called someone a tool I was in second grade ...

"Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

[QUOTE=praha99;3979802]Mods please move this to the HALL OF SHAME.
    QUOTE]

Maybe somewhere in between, you did some nice stuff, you did some not so nice stuff.

He should feel good about his self ... he takes pride in his work and abilities.

When you could of used it learning something from the guys here instead of calling them tools ...

I know, I'm a tool ...

"Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Quote Originally Posted by Lash View Post
    I can't believe I just sat here and clicked through all this crap. You guys bicker like women......or worse.

It has turned into bickering, you have guys trying to help and a guy not wanting help.

Just curious, how do you rate the job?

Quote Originally Posted by bwalley View Post
    OSHA can come out on any job, just because you haven't seen them on an HVAC job, does not mean they aren't a concern.

If you want to play russian roullete with OSHA, that is fine by me, but I have had them on my jobs before, and although I have never been fined or even issued correction notices, it is not fun having them out.

I have been on many jobs where OSHA has shown up. praha99 give them a reason to start poking around and you will find out quickly that you should have cared about them.

Lets say, umm ... OSHA shows up, maybe someone on the job calls them because they do not like your attitude. Well they fine you because of those sneakers ... maybe a grand ... how much do boots cost? There are two things said about wearing sneakers ... one is you are not safety conscious, two is you have no concern for your appearance, that to a customer translates into you care less about their job. You are hurting yourself in many ways with your attitude ...

I know ... I'm a tool ...

Quote Originally Posted by bwalley View Post
    It could happen depending on the severity of the citation, but the $10,000 fines are the more common ones.

The larger fines are for what is called wanton and willful disregard for safety.

One issue that they get real touchy about is fall protection, not an issue on a job with a flat roof and a parapet wall 42" or higher, but on a flat roof with no parapet wall, if you are closer than 6' to the edge of the roof, fall protection is required.
    Actually....the 6' rule only applies to iron workers or roofers. For everybody else it's 15'.

Chicago is an indian word for stinky!!!!!!
    -supertek65

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast