Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast
Results 40 to 52 of 200
  1. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    690
    Quote Originally Posted by bwalley View Post
    That explains a lot.
    What explains alot is you don`t know how to read..
    Sorry - yesterday was the deadline for all complaints.

  2. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Plant City, Florida
    Posts
    2,198
    Quote Originally Posted by praha99 View Post
    With someone who pay so much attention to details as you, you really need to learn how to read.. those pics you are referring to are all BEFORE pictures.
    We cut out all those sweated connections
    I am happy you cut those out because they look like a sloppy plumber did those connections.

    How about responding to the rest of my observations.

    BTW OSHA regulations have to be followed on all commercial jobs, even if a permit or inspection is not required.



    Quote Originally Posted by bwalley View Post
    The guy did sloppy work, in the second picture it looked like a plumber sweated the suction lines with soft solder, the linesets are not supported, and run in a sloppy manner, the electrical is hacked, he used a j box to extend a seal tite line and did not support the box, the disconnects are attached to the service panels of the equipment, I didn't see any ground wire in the circuits feeding the disconnects in post #3, then you have OSHA violations of wearing tennis shoes on a commercial job.

  3. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Plant City, Florida
    Posts
    2,198
    Quote Originally Posted by praha99 View Post
    What explains alot is you don`t know how to read..
    Your job pictures show what happens when there are lax licensing laws, no permits or inspections.

    That job would have several red tags (Mechanical, Electrical, Roofing and Building) if it was done in Hillsborough County.

  4. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    690
    You know looking back at the pics what units here do not have 12" spacing on "both sides"??

    I see maybe one.. second and third row all have more than 12" ..



    there was only one row with all new units, the one pictured. The rest all have plenty of spacing. If there was one old unit in the row I then had plenty of room to space them out.
    as evidenced here:



    Maybe you call this a Commercial job but all these units were individual residential units. I`m not up on OSHA regulations if this is a commercial job.. you got me! The guys shoes is a non issue to me.sorry
    The linesets got supported at a later date, my first concern was getting folks A/C
    I like the silver tape it`s stronger and lasts 10x as long as the alternatives
    Sorry - yesterday was the deadline for all complaints.

  5. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    690
    Quote Originally Posted by bwalley View Post
    Your job pictures show what happens when there are lax licensing laws, no permits or inspections.

    That job would have several red tags (Mechanical, Electrical, Roofing and Building) if it was done in Hillsborough County.
    I`ve seen the work in Florida.. if things get redtagged and regulations as strick as you say then how come all the a/c stuff I`ve seen looks like it`s put together with illegal labor?
    Btw are we using OSHA approved gloves, I wouldn`t wanna break the OSHA glove rules along with the OSHA shoe rules.. that would be TERRIBLE! lol
    Sorry - yesterday was the deadline for all complaints.

  6. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Plant City, Florida
    Posts
    2,198
    Quote Originally Posted by praha99 View Post
    You know looking back at the pics what units here do not have 12" spacing on "both sides"??

    I see maybe one.. second and third row all have more than 12" ..

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ndodone003.jpg

    there was only one row with all new units, the one pictured. The rest all have plenty of spacing. If there was one old unit in the row I then had plenty of room to space them out.
    as evidenced here:



    Maybe you call this a Commercial job but all these units were individual residential units. I`m not up on OSHA regulations if this is a commercial job.. you got me! The guys shoes is a non issue to me.sorry
    When placing a unit next to another unit, you need 12" per unit, so a minimum of 24", we always have to have 30" or in some cases 36" of side clearance.

    Why did you mount the disconnects on the service panels?

    Multi family, Multi unit is considered commercial work.

    Even if you only do residential work you should follow OSHA guidelines.

    Seriously you may want to pick up 29 CFR (code of federal regulations) 1926, Construction Industry Regulations.

    OSHA hands out $10,000 fines like they are nothing and in some cases they will hand out $100,000+ fines.

  7. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Plant City, Florida
    Posts
    2,198
    Quote Originally Posted by praha99 View Post
    I`ve seen the work in Florida.. if things get redtagged and regulations as strick as you say then how come all the a/c stuff I`ve seen looks like it`s put together with illegal labor?
    Are there pictures posted here that I can look at?

    BTW how can you tell if a job is done with legal labor or illegal labor?

    I will post some pictures of my job, but we are in the framing stage now and will start mounting the stands for the condensing units and cutting the holes in the roof for the package unit curbs.

    The good thing about Florida is we have high standards for licensing and require permits and inspections for our jobs.

    On your job if it was done in Florida, each individual unit would require 2 permits, 1 for the HVAC and 1 for changing out the disconnects, and they would each require an inspection.

  8. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,412
    Quote Originally Posted by bwalley View Post
    When placing a unit next to another unit, you need 12" per unit, so a minimum of 24", we always have to have 30" or in some cases 36" of side clearance.

    Why did you mount the disconnects on the service panels?

    Multi family, Multi unit is considered commercial work.

    Even if you only do residential work you should follow OSHA guidelines.

    Seriously you may want to pick up 29 CFR (code of federal regulations) 1926, Construction Industry Regulations.

    OSHA hands out $10,000 fines like they are nothing and in some cases they will hand out $100,000+ fines.
    BS on the OSHA fines. Ive never heard of anyone being fined more than a few thousand bucks. Maybe they are really tough on tennis shoes.

  9. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    690
    Those who can`t do.. teach, those who can`t teach.. inspect.
    You like dealing with inspectors, then God Bless you, you live in the right state then. I havent met an inspector that wasn`t a complete tool, most of em are on a power trip to boot
    I`m all about less Gov. less regulation, I could care less what some Gov. agency recommends for foot wear.
    You wanna be a Gov. lackey, to each his own I guess.

    You`re working on a new construction building.. wow no kidding you can do everything perfect from scratch.
    Sorry - yesterday was the deadline for all complaints.

  10. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Plant City, Florida
    Posts
    2,198
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtime View Post
    BS on the OSHA fines. Ive never heard of anyone being fined more than a few thousand bucks. Maybe they are really tough on tennis shoes.
    Here is a $75,000 fine, it is a trenching violation, not a tennis shoe violation.
    http://www.miamiherald.com/news/flor...y/1145914.html

    This one is $49,544
    http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-148032170.html

    $323,000
    http://safety.blr.com/news.aspx?id=100953

    $71,000
    http://boston.bizjournals.com/boston...1/daily49.html

    http://www.osha.gov/pls/oshaweb/owad...SES&p_id=17615

  11. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    690
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtime View Post
    BS on the OSHA fines. Ive never heard of anyone being fined more than a few thousand bucks. Maybe they are really tough on tennis shoes.
    In 1996, Congress passed the Small Business Regulatory Enforcement Fairness Act (SBREFA) in response to concerns expressed by the small business community that federal regulations were too numerous, too complex, and too expensive to implement. The legislation also gives small businesses expanded authority to recover attorney’s fees and costs when a federal agency has been found to have acted excessively in enforcing federal regulations.

    $100,000 fines yeah right..
    Sorry - yesterday was the deadline for all complaints.

  12. #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Plant City, Florida
    Posts
    2,198
    Quote Originally Posted by praha99 View Post
    Those who can`t do.. teach, those who can`t teach.. inspect.
    You like dealing with inspectors, then God Bless you, you live in the right state then. I havent met an inspector that wasn`t a complete tool, most of em are on a power trip to boot
    I`m all about less Gov. less regulation, I could care less what some Gov. agency recommends for foot wear.
    You wanna be a Gov. lackey, to each his own I guess.

    You`re working on a new construction building.. wow no kidding you can do everything perfect from scratch.
    It is not a new construction building, it was originally built in 1966, it is a level III renovation/addition.

    If it was new construction, why would I be cutting holes in the roof for the package units?

  13. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,412
    Those are not the norm. Im still waiting to hear what you think the pressures are going to do when I hold the plywood 6" off the cond unit.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event