Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3678910111213141516 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sirjames View Post
    [The governments job is to protect the health and well being of the public, one way that is accomplished is through licensing of contractors and having minimum building code requirements, one reason why the United States doesn't have building and bridges collapsing on a regular basis like in other countries is because of building codes and the enforcement of them.
    Last time I heard of a bridge collapsing it was in the USA,seems the gov inspections didn`t do to well in that case.[/QUOTE]

The Bridge was built as designed and it was inspected, the problems was not due to the fact it was inspected, it was due to an engineering mistake, the inspectors in the field do not evaluate the design of a structure, or bridge, they make sure it is built per the plans.

The engineering error should have been caught during the design phase and then it should have been caught during the plan review, yet it wasn't, the system isn't perfect but if it weren't for minimum standards, licensing, permits and inspections, there would be more bridge and structure failures.

I have no problem with my work being inspected and do just as good a job whether it is being inspected or not, it is my reputataion on the line with every job I do, so I am not going do a half assed job just because I can get away with it.

Another reason why, licensing, building codes and inpsections are a good idea is the general public has no idea the difference between a good job and a bad job especially in areas like HVAC, as long as the unit makes them comfortable, they think they had a good job done, and as long as a house looks nice, they think everything is good, even if it does have serious structural flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by bwalley View Post
    Another reason why, licensing, building codes and inpsections are a good idea is the general public has no idea the difference between a good job and a bad job especially in areas like HVAC, as long as the unit makes them comfortable, they think they had a good job done, and as long as a house looks nice, they think everything is good, even if it does have serious structural flaws.
    I agree, the public does not know...

IMO the reason the public does not know is they are lazy and they depend on the government. But the government does not do the job well, and politics always enter the equation.

My experience is the customer that takes the time to understand gets a better job. The customer that does not bother (just trusts the government to take care of them) usually gets the job that just barely meets the minimum standards of the codes.

Now lets try something: If you were the consumer; would you just blindly trust the government, or would you get involved in the details? and more importantly, WHY would you take the path you chose?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

bwalley has taken so many indefensible positions its sad.
    First of all for someone who has repeatedly accused me of being a liberal he sure sings the party line.
    Second these jobs are bid and spec hes referring to, anybody ever try and reason or argue with an engineer? The government
    Third he has said he doesnt take pics of his work, then he says he does.
    Fourth when he does its a rtu so old the stickers are pealing off, is that the only job you've done? There is no way you should have a pro membership, your a builder, and probably a cheap one. taking credit for work that isnt even yours. Shame on you.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Quote Originally Posted by zachhvac View Post
    bwalley has taken so many indefensible positions its sad.
    First of all for someone who has repeatedly accused me of being a liberal he sure sings the party line.
    Second these jobs are bid and spec hes referring to, anybody ever try and reason or argue with an engineer? The government
    Third he has said he doesnt take pics of his work, then he says he does.
    Fourth when he does its a rtu so old the stickers are pealing off, is that the only job you've done?
    There is no way you should have a pro membership, your a builder, and probably a cheap one. taking credit for work that isnt even yours. Shame on you.

You seem to have a problem with basic reading and comprehension, below is what I said.

BTW do you have a License, I listed my license numbers, yet you have never answered the question about you having a license or even what state you live in, for all we know you are the parts runner for an A/C company.

The Reason I have a Pro membership is because I have proven I am a Licensed Air Conditioning Contractor as well as a Licensed Building Contractor, BTW the date on my Ferris State EPA Certification is 12/1993.

How long have you been the parts runner for an A/C company?

I will post some pictures of my work, but what are you going to be able to tell by looking at some airhandlers, condensing units, RTU's?

I don't take pictures of condensing units or an airhandlers, but if that is what you want, I will take some of a commercial job I did a few years ago that I will be at tommorow.

The commercial job I am on now we haven't started on the HVAC yet, but I will be happy to post pictures of it.

Where are your pictures?

C'mon man.

A big contractor like you has to have some better pictures. Quit holding out.

Chicago is an indian word for stinky!!!!!!
    -supertek65

Quote Originally Posted by Lash View Post
    C'mon man.

A big contractor like you has to have some better pictures. Quit holding out.

They're too big and too much fine detail for a normal camera to even begin to capture. It's IMAX filming only to capture this level of perfection.

JOHN LENNON SAID IT BEST!
    IMAGINE!
    DON"T mess with the US
    I thought I had been there and done That.
    ITS ALL ABOUT LEARNIN!
    I thought it would be better by now
    "He who works with his hands is a laborer.
    He who works with his hands & his head is a craftsman.
    He who works with his hands, his head & his heart is an artist."
    ~St. Francis of Assisi

Quote Originally Posted by tinner73 View Post
    as i have stated before..if you don't have the "sack" to post up your own work..you shouldn't post about other people's work.
    BINGO
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

You guys are great, really
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Thumbs up ahhh so much better

This message is hidden because bwalley is on your ignore list.
    Sorry - yesterday was the deadline for all complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by praha99 View Post
    This message is hidden because bwalley is on your ignore list.
    I wonder if you will ignore me as long as parts boy zach did.

Here are a couple of RTU, we had to cut the roof to install the curbs.

raeely not worth posting but since you guys asked, I will post pictures of some of my other work.
    Where is the craftsmanship in that?
    I love overtime I just hate working for it.

Nice work praha99..... I'm sure everything up there is functional and is keeping people nice and cool....

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3678910111213141516 LastLast