Closed Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Roof job finally done.. warning I posted a book

Post Likes
    There are a few things I would of done differently that wouldn't affect the budget to much, disconnects not mounted on panels and strapped and mounted above the roof. As far as stuff not covered by code I would of told the customer of efficiency issues with there equipment and the cost to fix and the benefit they would get and let the customers make up there mind.
    Global Warming or: None like it hot
    No pleasure, no rapture, no exquisite sin greater... than central air. -Dogma
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bwalley View Post

I can show you pictures of an older job, it was done about 6 years ago, it is noting specail, but looks a lot better than the job he posted pictures of.
    Don't be bashful. Post them up.

Chicago is an indian word for stinky!!!!!!
    -supertek65

Post Likes
    Why does it matter what the job looked like before?

If you are called out to a job a hack worked on, are you going to do a 1/2 assed job, just because it may be a little better than it was before, or are you going to do the job the right way?

This was a new equipment changeout, it wasn't like he was just called out to service the units.

If you think he did a good job that is great, he wouldn't last long with me.
    Your just the greatest ever. And you sure as hell want everyone to know that.

If your so morally object to all this work, please go fix it, and stop preaching, You know superman didn't ***** his way into saving the world, and you certainly have that complex.

Post Likes
    Oh boy.... That looks like a really big job, nice work on the finish touches...

Post Likes
    Your not going top phase this one boys, not only is he rude and talks crap, but hes not m,an enough to admit hes wrong, probably why he will be out of business before to long, and seriously, htf did a builder get pro status?
    God i hope he doesnt have full access,
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Post Likes

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by zachhvac View Post
    And again neither of us was on that job, or know how or what it was bid. Anyone can throw another under a bus, but it still doesnt make the pusher look any better
    Amen to That Brother!
    DON"T mess with the US
    I thought I had been there and done That.
    ITS ALL ABOUT LEARNIN!
    I thought it would be better by now
    "He who works with his hands is a laborer.
    He who works with his hands & his head is a craftsman.
    He who works with his hands, his head & his heart is an artist."
    ~St. Francis of Assisi

Post Likes
    Your not going top phase this one boys, not only is he rude and talks crap, but hes not m,an enough to admit hes wrong, probably why he will be out of business before to long, and seriously, htf did a builder get pro status?
    God i hope he doesnt have full access,
    I am a Licensed Air Conditioning Contractor as well as a Licensed Building Contractor, the Building Contractor license is actually a higher license than the A/C License.

The membership committe has a copy of both of my licenses as well as my EPA certification, that is how I have full access, if you don't like it, take it up with them.

What kind of licenses do you have?

The guy posted pictures in the wall of fame, yet there were issues that I as well as others pointed out.

How much extra would it cost to not mount the disconnects on the service panels?

How much does it cost to make sure your guys are wearing boots on a commercial job? Osha regulation, not to mention it looks un professional.

How much extra does it cost to run the line sets properly and support them?

That job is not what I would consider to be worthy of the wall of fame, but I guess you as well as a few others here have lower standards than I do.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by thefonz1 View Post
    Your just the greatest ever. And you sure as hell want everyone to know that.

If your so morally object to all this work, please go fix it, and stop preaching, You know superman didn't ***** his way into saving the world, and you certainly have that complex.
    It isn't a moral issue it is a pride in your work issue.

I pointed out the flaws with his job, why would I go fix it? I wouldn't expect anyone else to fix any of my jobs.

When a guy posts pictures on the wall of fame, and it looks like this, he is going to get comments made about it, I was not the only one who pointed out issues with the job.

Obviously Illinois has lower standards than Florida, with licensing, permits and inspectaion, because that job would never get past the electrical or mechanical inspections.

If you think the guy did good work, hire him.

Post Likes
    B walley i dont see anyone rushing to support you, actually i dont see anybody doing it on any thread. So i guess we are all wrong and you are right huh kid.
    Please stop posting stupid, you SHOULD be here to learn because obviously you need to post something constructive.
    If you dont stop posting stupid by the time you get your head out of your butt no one will help you here.
    I think you are so afraid of being wrong you dont read the post from others, READ them, then reply IF you really need to.
    You show up with a hand full of certs , no one cares, from your pic your young but some of us have 20 plus years in this business some 40 plus, shut up and learn before its to late.
    A lot of us talk among ourselves and many have you on ignore already or you would be getting more heat.
    If you want to leave here better than when you came in lose the attitude, the only person you are impressing is yourself.

Post Likes
    B walley i dont see anyone rushing to support you, actually i dont see anybody doing it on any thread. So i guess we are all wrong and you are right huh kid.
    Please stop posting stupid, you SHOULD be here to learn because obviously you need to post something constructive.
    If you dont stop posting stupid by the time you get your head out of your butt no one will help you here.
    I think you are so afraid of being wrong you dont read the post from others, READ them, then reply IF you really need to.
    You show up with a hand full of certs , no one cares, from your pic your young but some of us have 20 plus years in this business some 40 plus, shut up and learn before its to late.
    A lot of us talk among ourselves and many have you on ignore already or you would be getting more heat.
    If you want to leave here better than when you came in lose the attitude, the only person you are impressing is yourself.
    I guess you missed these posts.

Quote Originally Posted by vmc1161 View Post
    Bwally was asking what I was thinking, your response shows you may be thin skinned. You posted on the wall of pride, you should expect some feed back. So, here comes some feed back ... you are wearing sneakers, that's a big no-no here, you have pipes that apparently do levitate as there is no support for them. The disconnects are mounted on the service panels, some stretched tight, the refrigerant lines are not straight and there are a lot of lazy bends. What is with the metal tape, I see a bunch of guys here do that, to me it looks terrible. This is just me, if I was doing the job I would have wood on hand to enlarge the platforms so I had more room, after all they are re-roofing and could roof a bigger platform no problem. Work under those conditions is tough, so some stuff gets not done the way you would like and that sucks. I have been on similar jobs and know it is frustrating, to much mess, to many guys, not enough time, budget constraints, to hot, to cold, to many boss’s. At the end it is done and they are running OK so all is well.

Quote Originally Posted by Manu1 View Post
    I wish all contactors had the mentality of bwalley, I respect and applaud your way of thinking!! keep it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Manu1 View Post
    What a bunch of crap, not having the proper clearance could cause a premature failure or shorten the life expectancy of these units and yes I have seen many units nor performing well due to people thinking the distance between units or between unit-walls is "somewhat arbitrary".

I hope the guys who ask questions about how good a brand is it read this thread because it will help them understand the importance of a good or not so good contractor and how they can affect the perception of a brand by reducing or creating operational problems just by how was installed and not the quality of the product.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamas View Post
    I wouldn't have done it like this. Not a chance. Have to go more the Florida way here too. I fear the wind and mounting the disconnects on the equipment will get you fired.

But, I don't get many of these jobs cause there is a long line of contractors that will do it for way less, hoping to make up for it on the condemned units.

But, the REAL BIG BUT, is in 90% of the jobs I see like this make this job look beautiful.

Post Likes
    Wally, good bye, you are a child.
    I myself posted i may have done things differently. You feel shored up by a few comments but have been bashing this guy and imo should be banned.
    Im putting you on ignore and keeping you there jr. Have exactly the kind of life you deserve, i feel sorry for your family.
    no peace, just out.

now watch him reply anyway even though i wont ever see it,,,,,

Post Likes
    I don't have a picture of me posted, the picture you are thinking about is my daughter at a firestation on Christmas day when we took the firemen some food, that is one of the firemen showing my youngest daughter how to use a firehose.

My oldest daughter just turned 17 last week, I am 44 and have over 26 years experience in the field, not all of it has been exclusively A/C related, I have more than certifications to prove what I know, I have State Certified Contractors license's that prove I know what I am doing.

Post Likes
    Wally, good bye, you are a child.
    I myself posted i may have done things differently. You feel shored up by a few comments but have been bashing this guy and imo should be banned.
    Im putting you on ignore and keeping you there jr. Have exactly the kind of life you deserve, i feel sorry for your family.
    no peace, just out.

now watch him reply anyway even though i wont ever see it,,,,,
    Typical of a liberal, you can't debate an issue so you start name calling, want to censor people with opposing views and run away and hide.

I bet you like Obama.

Post Likes
    Much better, just empty screen. ahhhhhhhh
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rdfFroO67g

Post Likes
    It isn't a moral issue it is a pride in your work issue.

I pointed out the flaws with his job, why would I go fix it? I wouldn't expect anyone else to fix any of my jobs.

When a guy posts pictures on the wall of fame, and it looks like this, he is going to get comments made about it, I was not the only one who pointed out issues with the job.

Obviously Illinois has lower standards than Florida, with licensing, permits and inspectaion, because that job would never get past the electrical or mechanical inspections.

If you think the guy did good work, hire him.

Yes there are some minor issues with the work and one issue with footwear.

My point was more that you come off as a total ass while pointing it out.

I think we all get it, florida is the best, your the best, and your work passes all inspections.

If you come off as such a jerk on the internet, your probably 10 times worse in person.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by thefonz1 View Post
    Yes there are some minor issues with the work and one issue with footwear.

My point was more that you come off as a total ass while pointing it out.

I think we all get it, florida is the best, your the best, and your work passes all inspections.

If you come off as such a jerk on the internet, your probably 10 times worse in person.
    Here is the second comment about this job, my 1st one was asking about a line that was sweated with soft solder.

He said he couldn't do anything about the spacing of the units, which he could have, he just chose not to.

I never said Florida was the best, we just have higher standards for licensing, permitting and inspections.

OSHA violations are not minor, I guess you have nevr dealt with OSHA on a jobsite, otherwise you wouldn't take it so lightly, plus tennis shoes look real professional.

The condensing units look like they are too close to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by praha99 View Post
    HA I knew someone would say that. Always with the negativity lol I love it!.

Well Bwalley unless you have some levitating units theres nothing I can do about that , platform were sized for 1970 sized units
    It is what it is, it`ll be fine.

Post Likes
    I,m wasting my 2,223rd post but.....
    Sticks And stones..............
    DON"T mess with the US
    I thought I had been there and done That.
    ITS ALL ABOUT LEARNIN!
    I thought it would be better by now
    "He who works with his hands is a laborer.
    He who works with his hands & his head is a craftsman.
    He who works with his hands, his head & his heart is an artist."
    ~St. Francis of Assisi

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by epacertified View Post
    I,m wasting my 2,223rd post but.....
    Sticks And stones..............
    Wasted? Its funny watching him thrash around like a wounded hyena or is that jackal?

Post Likes
    Wasted? Its funny watching him thrash around like a wounded hyena or is that jackal?

I thought you had him on ignore. Just kidding

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersfan1 View Post
    I thought you had him on ignore. Just kidding
    Funny i can still see when he posts and when he quotes, But i would rather read a children's book to one of my kids, its more educational

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in