We were moving units for the roofer so they could reroof .. at the same time we had to re-route all the line sets, electrical, 24v etc.. 40 year old building, it was a mess. Everything was under 2 feet of tar, and while we were working the roofers were pouring tar all around us. At the beginning we had to be covered up from head to toe; something in the paper they were using being like a chemical burn if left on the skin and exposed to sun.
This started beginning of June.. then the heat hit, imagine 60 older folks in this 5 story condo on my ass about getting the units hooked back up.
I had to deal with the Association,Roofer, Management company, and 60 owners!
At the same time trying to keep up with the roofer redoing the stacks, trying to keep all lines clearly marked as not to confuse them since tracing them would be very hard. It took 2 men 3 hours to redo one stack there were 12! I had to personally braze each connection because the roffer would then cover all teh connections up before we had a chance to test em.
Hundreths of connections but at the end only two leaks and no mismatched wiring or lines WHEW!!!
we sold 30 new air and 15 furnaces so that`s probably the only reason it was worth it.
I must have run up and down those 5 flights and all thru teh building about 100 times!
At teh beginning people were difficult since we had to go to each unit and turn off power.. they wanted seperate appointments and such what a pain!
At the end the ball was in my corner .. meaning you want AC you`ll be home at such and such time.
It was the Associations idea to do this during middle of summer but I took all the slack.
At one point an elderly gentelman (90+) was taken away by ambulance.. I decided it was in my best interest to offer portable a/cs (for a fee) so noone would die and sue us.
Anyway I`m so glad its OVER!!!
Several times the roofers would quit due to heat and we would continue to work.. must have been 120* on that roof!
My wife bought me a 10x10 pop up.. it saved my life!
after cleaning up the mess: