Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 28
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    11,874
    Quote Originally Posted by I_bend_metal View Post
    I'm wrong that I am wrong??

    Or am I just wrong???


    Take your pick.

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,876
    Quote Originally Posted by btimms View Post
    The picture in "I_bend_metals" post is what was replaced in my unit. So that is the run cap and not the start cap?
    Yes....the picture I took was a run capacitor....

    I wonder if they stuck the wrong voltage cap in there the first time???
    I need a new signature.....

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,876
    Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    Take your pick.
    I'm getting confused myself....LOL
    I need a new signature.....

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    11,874
    Quote Originally Posted by I_bend_metal View Post
    I'm getting confused myself....LOL
    Well, that's just wrong.

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4
    Does anybody have a part number of - I'd like to order one as a spare to make it through the summer and get a new ac in the fall.

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    11,874
    Quote Originally Posted by btimms View Post
    Does anybody have a part number of - I'd like to order one as a spare to make it through the summer and get a new ac in the fall.
    Negatory on that. Beenthere can explain why.

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Hell Hole Swamp
    Posts
    4,180
    They are almost all made in china now

    in other words....junk

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    North Richland Hills, Texas
    Posts
    14,915
    As for what makes run capacitors fail, other than being Made in China junk, I find that the most common "other thing" wrong with most systems that have a bad run cap is a dirty condenser coil.

    I haven't seen anything like "official", or any scientific work done that indicates that there is a direct link between a dirty condenser coil and a failed run capacitor, but the 2 sure do seem to go together a lot.
    Then again, that may just be a logical fallacy, since without other objective proof, correlation does not imply causation.
    Plenty of run caps fail on systems with clean condenser coils, and plenty of run caps are doing fine in systems with dirty condenser coils.

    How's that for a 120 word non answer?
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    638
    They are just junk, 20 years ago they outlived the units and were made better, nothing scientific going on with them they cost 8 dollars, how long can it last.

  10. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    19,506
    Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    As for what makes run capacitors fail, other than being Made in China junk, I find that the most common "other thing" wrong with most systems that have a bad run cap is a dirty condenser coil.

    I haven't seen anything like "official", or any scientific work done that indicates that there is a direct link between a dirty condenser coil and a failed run capacitor, but the 2 sure do seem to go together a lot.
    Then again, that may just be a logical fallacy, since without other objective proof, correlation does not imply causation.
    Plenty of run caps fail on systems with clean condenser coils, and plenty of run caps are doing fine in systems with dirty condenser coils.

    How's that for a 120 word non answer?
    I think you should get a job as a Senate spokesman.

    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  11. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    North Richland Hills, Texas
    Posts
    14,915
    Quote Originally Posted by timebuilder View Post
    I think you should get a job as a Senate spokesman.

    My ethical standard for myself is to high for a job like that.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

  12. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    19,506
    Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    My ethical standard for myself is to high for a job like that.
    I thought so!
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  13. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4
    The cap on my system is a 45+5 440 v dual (pic attached). Any suggestions as to where to buy online?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event