Post Likes

Trane Intellipak

Does anyone know if a bacnet card is available for an older (2001) Trane intellipak and can it be purchased by a non-trane company? I know the Comm5 Lontalk is available. Please help......

Post Likes
    I believe the only way to get BacNet from that older I-Pak is through a BCU connected to it and the points converted from comm4 to BacNet. No comm card option.

Post Likes

Older Intellipak

You can use the new Trane Bacnet module on older Intellipaks. I just added them to 5 1998 Intellipaks. There is a kit with additional parts needed. In addition to the bacnet module,the HI kepad has to be replaced as well as the main control board in the Intellipak. Its not a cheap conversion, but it can be done, and the BCU is not needed.

Post Likes

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by NC Trend View Post
    You can use the new Trane Bacnet module on older Intellipaks. I just added them to 5 1998 Intellipaks. There is a kit with additional parts needed. In addition to the bacnet module,the HI kepad has to be replaced as well as the main control board in the Intellipak. Its not a cheap conversion, but it can be done, and the BCU is not needed.
    It sounds like you turned an old Intellipak into a new Intellipak with a brain transplant.

Post Likes
    We are bidding a controls upgrade against Trane, I don't even think the bacnet will work. it appears the specification was written around the comm4 so they can see refrigerant temps and other points that I know Comm5 and Bacnet wont show. Unless I do go thru the BCU option, then I am so far out of wack on price I wouldn't have a shot anyway.....Thanks for the info....

Post Likes
    Try a Jace with comm4 driver or lontalk driver.

Post Likes
    I am curious about how adding the BACnet (BCI-I) cards to the older Intellipaks went for you.

Are you able to see everything you can on the local human interface screen?

I am wondering if it is a valid option to adding our own sensors and utilizing the existing GBAS module which doesn't allow for much control or give back much information.

Thanks.

Post Likes

Intellipak BCI-I

I see that evaporator and saturated refrigerant temps are listed as read points in the BCI-I literature. I these are the ones in your spec, then bacnet integration should work.