Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 27 to 35 of 35

Thread: Moon Landing

  1. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Victoria,Tx
    Posts
    6,680
    Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    Hey, I've been called a LOT worse. Just don't try to make me cry, like vcm did to Dice.OK?
    Now that must of been a classic. I missed is.
    Get Charlie to tell you the story about when he worked in the Circus. Edgar is a nice guy. Now Boyd, on the other hand..... Bah Humbug I am ready for Christmas.

  2. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    11,860
    Quote Originally Posted by oroy54 View Post
    Now that must of been a classic. I missed is.
    Get Charlie to tell you the story about when he worked in the Circus. Edgar is a nice guy. Now Boyd, on the other hand..... Bah Humbug I am ready for Christmas.
    I've never heard the whole story, only bits and pieces. But, it does sound funny.

  3. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Victoria,Tx
    Posts
    6,680
    Ok ok, better stop the chit chat before Troy gets on us again.

    Now I think I remember on one mission, a golf club and a ball went up there.
    One of the guys teed off. I guess the ball is still going. It has to land some where says Newton.

  4. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    18,267
    Quote Originally Posted by oroy54 View Post
    Ok ok, TB you got me on that one. Now that must of been one telescopic pole on that camera to go out and turn around and do the Kodak moment.
    The shot of Armstrong going down the ladder was taken from the side. The angle from the camera would have been about 45 degrees or so to the ladder.

    http://science.ksc.nasa.gov/mirrors/...1/10075288.jpg

    Armstrong then took this picture of Buzz Aldrin.

    http://www.novaspace.com/AUTO/Moonwa...IN/Ladder.jpeg
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  5. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    18,267
    Quote Originally Posted by oroy54 View Post
    Ok ok, better stop the chit chat before Troy gets on us again.

    Now I think I remember on one mission, a golf club and a ball went up there.
    One of the guys teed off. I guess the ball is still going. It has to land some where says Newton.
    The ball may not have achieved escape velocity, because the suits limited movement so much.
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  6. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Victoria,Tx
    Posts
    6,680
    I think the golf club and balls came from Bob Hope. The US flag is impressive. Waving in the wind. Just goofing around tonight. I really don't feel well today.

  7. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    18,267
    Quote Originally Posted by oroy54 View Post
    I think the golf club and balls came from Bob Hope. The US flag is impressive. Waving in the wind. Just goofing around tonight. I really don't feel well today.
    The flag on the moon presented a special problem. With no wind, it would just hang (or float) there. So, they had to design a flag that would stand outward as if it was in a wind under the conditions of no atmosphere. The sight of the flag outstretched was an important political consideration.
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  8. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Victoria,Tx
    Posts
    6,680
    Starch would of been easy. Another million Wrangler.

  9. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    18,267
    For those who believe we never landed on the moon:

    http://news.aol.com/article/apollo-l...lunar%2F577205
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event