A/H OD unit cool cap EER SEER Heat cap HSPF
    XR13 4tee3f37b1 4twr3036a1 35600 12 14 34000 8.20
    XR13 4teh3f36b1 4twr3036a1 36000 11.8 14 8.2

XR14 4tee3f37b1 4twr4036a1 35400 11.60 14 32000 8.7
    XR14 4teh3f36b1 4twr4036a1 35400 12 14 31200 8.50

XL15i 4tee3f37b1 4twr4036a 34800 11.80 14 37600 7.8
    XL15i 4teh3f30b1 4twr4036a 34400 12 14 34000 8.5
    XL15i 4teh3f36b1 4twr4036a 35200 12 14.25 36000 7.7

It seems like the XR13 series outperforms the XR14 and 15i with the two air handlers. I'm going with these air handlers because of size constraint. I don't want to go larger than 45"Height and 23.5 width.

The XR13 has a little more cooling capacity and good heating capacity, but the HSPF is lower than the XR14. But not much. With your constraints, the XR13 might not be a bad way to go. It is a little noisier unit.

Have you looked at Carrier, Lennox or any other brands??? With you dimension constraints, you might find a better match there.

Also, have you had a load calculation done? Are you sure you need 3 tons? You'll get better efficiencies with 2.5 Ton, possibly enough to meet the tax credit requirements.

Northwest Arkansas via Chicago Area via Straight Up from There on Lake Superior
    HP's to meet the tax credit per Energy Star need:

Split Systems:
    HSPF >= 8.5
    EER >= 12.5
    SEER >= 15

Quote Originally Posted by jerryd_2008 View Post
    HP's to meet the tax credit per Energy Star need:

Split Systems:
    HSPF >= 8.5
    EER >= 12.5
    SEER >= 15
    I know. I just can't hit those numbers in a confined space. I was have to use a 2/4TEE3F39* 39,000 58H 23.5W 21D

I might be able to get it in, but the coil doesn't seem like it would be serviceable. There is only 21 1/2" between studs.

Quote Originally Posted by bluefitness View Post
    I know. I just can't hit those numbers in a confined space. I was have to use a 2/4TEE3F39* 39,000 58H 23.5W 21D

I might be able to get it in, but the coil doesn't seem like it would be serviceable. There is only 21 1/2" between studs.
    A very legitimate concern. I am a HO who just had a new dual fuel installed (contractor still needs to bring up the furnace and fine-tune). I couldn't believe the work required by a 3-man crew and the boss over 2 days so far to put in that huge new coil, even on a much shorter furnace, return work to move the duct past the 10" filter cabinet and provide an upflow arrangement (lots of work), effects of height mismatch on a pretty much fixed condensate drain (required a condensate pump), trying to get to power outlets, less than ideal wiring runs. Made me wonder how the previous home builder could be so short-sited. But that's easy when you are paying for the build. Wish I was still in my previous house with it all in the basement.

Is there any cost-effective way to move the retrofit to a more workable space and gain the tax credit (probably better rebates too)? Is it the coil size? Mine is just HUGE. But the York VS/modulating furnace which is very capable is really quite petite at 33" height and pretty standard width.

What are the differences between a XR 13 and XR14? Why would the XR13 perform better?

I would highly recommend getting 10 P&L warranty for your Trane, any equipment really.

Quote Originally Posted by jvillehvac View Post
    I would highly recommend getting 10 P&L warranty for your Trane, any equipment really.
    Read the contract on the labor closely. When I saw mine, it required 2 services a year and didn't pay for diagnostic or non-prime time labor. Turned it down because service calls alone over 10 years would have added more than double the initial labor contract to my costs.

Read the contract on the labor closely. When I saw mine, it required 2 services a year and didn't pay for diagnostic or non-prime time labor. Turned it down because service calls alone over 10 years would have added more than double the initial labor contract to my costs.
    is this what trane required or you contractor required as trane extended warranty does pay for diagnostic im not sure about the 2 services i know trane extended warranty does not ask for proof although it is a good idea to have your ac serviced 1 time a year and your heater serviced 1 time a year

Quote Originally Posted by catmanacman View Post
    is this what trane required or you contractor required as trane extended warranty does pay for diagnostic im not sure about the 2 services i know trane extended warranty does not ask for proof although it is a good idea to have your ac serviced 1 time a year and your heater serviced 1 time a year
    Sorry for the misunderstanding, mine was York. It was a York contract.

I've been in too many contract situations to hope the manufacturer doesn't enforce the terms so I would make sure the contract does not specify the service visits.

I did consider working out something with my contractor but he is too old for me to count on him. Guess I'll pay if I have to using the labor contract and service call savings to finance. Always said to fend off extended warranties, if it doesn't work out I'll never buy another.

Have had little extensive HVAC work done over 40 years of home ownership in houses up to 17 years old. Never once that I recall has a tech suggested cleaning my coil. But I try to keep on top of clean filters but not that monthly stuff unless dirty. I can change a filter at 3 months and it is 10 times cleaner than my daughter's filter at a month or so.

I did make sure I had at least 10 years or more parts warranty since my unit does have a very expensive VS ECM motor, 2 stage compressor and 3rd party coil. But I figure if I make it past 5 years without any serious problems the system should perform for a good while longer with some diligent care.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    The dealer marked it up too much.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Been in the industy for 44 years ,in business for 34 ,good luck ,because you are dead wrong.