Narrowed Replacement Down to Two Systems

I've been taking estimates for a new furnace and AC unit at my house and have narrowed it down to two. I would like your feedback on both. I know we cannot post actual prices...there is a thousand dollar price difference after all rebates and tax credits:

Package One:
    Goodman GMV9570 95% AFUE 70,000 btu variable speed furnace
    Goodman DSX16036 15 Seer 36,000 btu two speed AC Unit
    Goodman Media Air Cleaner
    Honeywell FocusPro 6000 Thermostat

Package Two:
    Carrier Infinity 58MVC080-14 95% AFUE 80,000 btu variable speed furnace
    Carrier Infinity 24 ANA736A003 17 Seer 36,000 BTU two speed AC Unit
    AprilAir RP2100 Air Cleaner
    Carrier Infinity Termostat

I'm wondering if the Goodman vs Carrier is worth the price difference.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    No brainer go Carrier Infinty and save a grand. lol!!!

Seriously,the Infinty is tops,get it from a CFAD dealer,100% satisfaction or your money back,backe by the factorty.Ask yourself why othe brands don't do that.

Afterall the install is very important,so you'd think the mfrs. would all back their best contractor/dealers.

Quote Originally Posted by dash View Post
    No brainer go Carrier Infinty and save a grand. lol!!!

Seriously,the Infinty is tops,get it from a CFAD dealer,100% satisfaction or your money back,backe by the factorty.Ask yourself why othe brands don't do that.

Afterall the install is very important,so you'd think the mfrs. would all back their best contractor/dealers.
    That was a no brainer
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Hey I am a homeowner. But after doing my homework, if the Goodman is cheaper, which I suppose it is, that model GMV95 is a hell of furnace. There is very little argument that from top to bottom Carrier is better with a better reputation. Both when you start digging into comparing models, I believe that Goodman is better than that Infinity. And there is no better back hvac equipment in the market than Goodman. And thats a fact. There has not been any lawsuits for that GMV95, but it damn sure was a big lawsuit for that model Carrier HX failing. Now the Carrier is offering a 17 seer AC which will be easier on the electric. And that model Carrier is suppose to be pretty damn quiet. But quietness will come more from a properly sized system and good install.

Is the goodman a grand cheaper than the carrier or is the carrier a grand cheaper than the goodman? In any event. a well installed goodman is probably better than a poorly installed Cariier, and vice-versa.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Quote Originally Posted by bateslabel View Post
    Hey I am a homeowner. But after doing my homework, if the Goodman is cheaper, which I suppose it is, that model GMV95 is a hell of furnace. There is very little argument that from top to bottom Carrier is better with a better reputation. Both when you start digging into comparing models, I believe that Goodman is better than that Infinity. And there is no better back hvac equipment in the market than Goodman. And thats a fact. There has not been any lawsuits for that GMV95, but it damn sure was a big lawsuit for that model Carrier HX failing. Now the Carrier is offering a 17 seer AC which will be easier on the electric. And that model Carrier is suppose to be pretty damn quiet. But quietness will come more from a properly sized system and good install.
    Wow tell us more about why!!Get one of each ,side by side ,and detail the differences.

Yes, the Goodman was the cheaper package.

For a thousand dollars one way or another I'd go Carrier, that one nice furnace and coupled with the Infinity Controller and the outdoor unit you'll have the cats ass of a set-up and if installed properly it should last you for at least 15-20yrs. Plus with utilities on there way up in the future your pay back should be relatively fast IMO. I have to mention I have the 60K BTU furnace and the Infinity controller and love the set-up, I'm hoping to complete the package to a Duel Fuel set-up by the end of the year, hopefully !!