Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by beachtech View Post

you know what boat stands for??? .........
    Do you know the definition of a boat? It is a hole in the water in which you put your money.
    "FIGHT CRIME: SHOOT BACK"

Quote Originally Posted by srmfsr View Post
    Do you know the definition of a boat? It is a hole in the water in which you put your money.
    is a HULL yea that saying been round here forever, was probably started here lol

customer of mine is going to take me out on his 53' hetteras am excited, he has fully stocked wet bar on that thing
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

My dad has always had a boat since I was a kid. He used to freshwater fish and now he likes to saltwater fish. Been a bad year for boating here locally, especially with the amount of drunks on the water.

http://www.weeklycitizen.com/sports/...lcohol-related

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/45969742.html

My dad has been involved in 2 boating incidents in the past 2 years. Last year he was staying at a camp that we stay at sometimes on the coast. He had almost a full tank of gas and that night someone siphoned almost all of it. When he went out the next morning he ran out of gas in the main canal, a large ocean going vessel started pulling his boat into it and he couldnt get away. The anchor from the vessel crashed through the drivers console windshield and almost took out his boat.

Earlier this year him and my youngest son were fishing in the marsh at the mouth of a canal and three drunk punks come flying by and clipped my dads boat while they were anchored knocking my youngest son down thankfully backwards into the boat

I've got a 16 ft 1980 Starcraft aluminum runabout that I keep on the Monongahela river in the summer at a marina. It's got a 70HP 1975 vintage 2 stroke outboard and purrs like a kitten.

I have a 22' Crest pontoon with a 8 1/2' beam and 50hp. 2 stroke (kiss my a$$ Gore) on a private lake with a 12 volt blender for that frozen concoction on those hot days.
    NO Brains NO Headaches

Quote Originally Posted by joey791 View Post

Earlier this year him and my youngest son were fishing in the marsh at the mouth of a canal and three drunk punks come flying by and clipped my dads boat while they were anchored knocking my youngest son down thankfully backwards into the boat
    One time we were anchored in a cove in the houseboat and two jet skis started going around the boat and back and forth behind it until I showed them my stainless S&W 686, then they left, never to return.

Quote Originally Posted by srmfsr View Post
    One time we were anchored in a cove in the houseboat and two jet skis started going around the boat and back and forth behind it until I showed them my stainless S&W 686, then they left, never to return.
    My dad quit carrying a gun because he has no problem using it.

I have a chcl and have a weapon in each vehicle. Sometimes I carry when I go to the stores but I wouldn't use it just cause I was pi$$ed. Now if my family or myself is threatened with harm, my first duty is to make it go away. And believe me I can and will.

I have already had my 3 happiest life cycles, ie bought and sold 3 boats.

They were fun, but after a while you just do not use them enough
    to justify having them.

My best was a 72 Century Resorter 19' with a Ford 427 v8 with a
    rodchester 4 barrel carb. Had 350 hp, and it would fly, did lots of
    water skiing, one time we pulled 6 slalom skiers at one time. This was
    during the 70s oil embargo, gas was hard to get, and was pricey, so
    I named the boat " Opec ".

Biggest was a 81 Sea Ray 31' cabin cruiser, bought it 4 years old,
    was a beast, its wake would sink anything that tried to pass it.
    But it was the ultimate party boat. Had 2 beds, small kitchen, and
    a head, and shower down below. Kept it about 6 years, then bye, bye.

The best two days of a boat owners life is the day he buys it and the day he sells it, "Rent it and forget it"
    "Paddle faster, I hear banjo music"

Funny this thread came up I have always been around boats and today in the mail was a picture my mom sent me of when I was 5 yrs old in my grandfathers boat a 1969 Pago with a 40 hp Johnson on the back. I am pretty sure thats when it all started for me and as an adult I have never not had one.

Quote Originally Posted by jayhawker View Post
    The best two days of a boat owners life is the day he buys it and the day he sells it, "Rent it and forget it"
    So very true!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12