Thread: Sizing help

Sizing help

I have a 1hp r-22 med temp semi sitting on a cold zone rack. Customer has a case (8x2x2) that they want 2 evaps installed in and then use the 1hp compressor. This will be a salad cooler and has a open top where pans go. How do i choose?

get a better model number or info for the case, and while you're at it write down the compressor model number

Mike
    Sig removed by mod. G-Rated site

I replaced the compressor a couple yrs ago when it was then attached to 2 uprights that have since been taken out of commision and replaced with self contained units. I know it's a 1hp r-22. The salad case that they just brought in has no model number. It's kind of like a built in. I just want to get 2 evaps and put em in this case. Is the 1hp to big?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeySq View Post
    get a better model number or info for the case, and while you're at it write down the compressor model number

Mike
    Okay, i went over there. Less than a mile away from my house.
    Glad i did too. Because the model number of the compressor is KAEB-007E-CAV-800. Still found no numbers on case.

Dug around on copelands site. It looks like i have a 6000 BTU pump at 20 evap. So is it safe to say two 3000 BTU evaps will work or is there more to it than that?

Don't look like a one HP pump, I'm not from the old school so HP means nothin to me, I wanna see BTU's/SST
    you're good for 6120 btu/h, 20sst/120sct/r22mt

look in to your coils more and then you'll know if you got a match, if no numbers are found take a few pics, not a good way but may point ya check what model tx valves are on there

Mike

Don't look like a one HP pump, I'm not from the old school so HP means nothin to me, I wanna see BTU's/SST
    you're good for 6120 btu/h, 20sst/120sct/r22mt

Yes, i realized it was smaller when i went back.

look in to your coils more and then you'll know if you got a match, if no numbers are found take a few pics, not a good way but may point ya check what model tx valves are on there

Mike
    It currently has 3 evaps that are junk. No model numbers are on them either. Only a sticker with the resturant name. I guess you could say i want to size this case for the compressor and not the case itself.

OK do it the hard way.... count the evaps, well i guess that's done you gotta estimate the load of these evaps? how big are they in size? # and size of tubes fins per inch and number, and speed of fans(CFM) i did say the hard way, lol maybe a few pictures will help and people can compare these units with something they know!
    Mike

OK do it the hard way.... count the evaps, well i guess that's done you gotta estimate the load of these evaps? how big are they in size? # and size of tubes fins per inch and number, and speed of fans(CFM) i did say the hard way, lol maybe a few pictures will help and people can compare these units with something they know!
    Mike
    The evaps that are currently in the case are going bye bye. I want to purchase 2 new evaps to use with my 6000 btu compressor. To do this what size evaps will i need to buy?

2 3000 btu/h r22 20sst evaps, look at whatever brand you wanna buy and find the size that you need and choose the type that best suits your application

look for a evap with a 15 degree TD that is around 3000 btu's, give or take 100 or so.