Thread: ice machine

ice machine

hello working on an ice machine scotchman prodigy modular cuber model #C0630SA-32A. Initially it was not getting water so, i changed the filter and and cleaned everything up.unit ran and produced ice but it got stuck in the harvest cycle and the diognastic code was "2" harvest cycle max, kept doing this and shortly after it would not even run, diagnostic code was "b" bin full.problem is the bin was empty, i looked all over for a bin stat or sensor could not find anything, thinking maybe the board is bad,help? thanks

The electronic eyes are the bin full sensors. They also sense ice falling during harvest. If bin full light is on try cleaning each eye so the can see each other.

Scotsman did away with the eyes on the prodigy. I think they use a curtain sensor now. If thats the case, a bad or misaligned curtain sensor would cause both of those codes.

check the harvest assist assembly. They'll corrode, sieze, and extend the harvest time.

With the bin full light on it will more than likely be the bin sensor. The sensor is mounted on the side of the evap,just like cornelious was. Have had to change a couple of these already.

how does the cube thickness sensor look? cube sensor could trigger a defrost before there's enuff ice to trigger the curtain bin switch and the defrost would max out.

If it's a 2 wire sensor u can get it to work on 1 wire with a little experimenting.
    Older machines used 2 wire and newer ones use 1 wire. Can't remember which terminal to use on the circuit board(maybe the one on the right if u have a 2 wire cube sensor) but just disconnect both wires and hook up 1 at atime after the machine has made a good sheet of ice. can check the curtain defrost termination/bin switch sensor at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by craig1 View Post
    Scotsman did away with the eyes on the prodigy. I think they use a curtain sensor now. If thats the case, a bad or misaligned curtain sensor would cause both of those codes.
    Your right, what was i thinking. I have yet to work on one of the new ones. Thank God...

The Prodigys have a very sensitive PC card that reads sump full when the probes are even the slightest bit dirty. Scotsman wants to change the board if the Prodigy has the older version PC card. You really have to do maintenance on this machine and clean the ice thickness control and water level control separately. Sorry, I don't have the version model to see if you have the older board but 1-800-scotsman can tell you.

stand pipe lower two turn that will decrease water level and solve your problem, learned hard way last year

Quote Originally Posted by etheric999 View Post
    hello working on an ice machine scotchman prodigy modular cuber model #C0630SA-32A. Initially it was not getting water so, i changed the filter and and cleaned everything up.unit ran and produced ice but it got stuck in the harvest cycle and the diognastic code was "2" harvest cycle max, kept doing this and shortly after it would not even run, diagnostic code was "b" bin full.problem is the bin was empty, i looked all over for a bin stat or sensor could not find anything, thinking maybe the board is bad,help? thanks
    Clean the water probe and this will help water error. Also, open the curtain and see if the curtain light comes on, believe it is far right light on board (sw1) the curtain switch is mounted on the evaporator side closest to you with 2 wires attached to it. it is a magnetic switch and I have had to replace some already this switch contols both harvest and bin full. Now check thickness probe . Clean it then set approximately 5/16th from dry evaporator as a starting point. The ice bridge should be 1/8th to 3/16th of an inch. Hope this helps.

Dont forget, you are working on a Manitowic type machine. It has to be clean to function properly. Scale will do funny things to the sensors.

Quote Originally Posted by craig1 View Post
    Thank God. Most of the time you where better off replacing eyes than trying to clean mineral deposits off of them.