+ Reply to Thread

Thread: fieldpiece hs-36?

Post Likes

fieldpiece hs-36?

do u have to pull the head off every time u wanna check amps on this meter, i have the lt17a which i like very much, but want an amp clamp style that has true RMS. but if i have to pull the head off to go back and fourth from amps to volts then ill stick with my lt17a cuzz thats what i already have to do all day long. i like the sc77 but is not true RMS, just wanna be able to clamp on and read amps and switch it to volts without changing heads 10 times a day. im open to any other brands that might do all this and be true RMS.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Vettgetsmwet04 View Post
    do u have to pull the head off every time u wanna check amps on this meter, i have the lt17a which i like very much, but want an amp clamp style that has true RMS. but if i have to pull the head off to go back and fourth from amps to volts then ill stick with my lt17a cuzz thats what i already have to do all day long. i like the sc77 but is not true RMS, just wanna be able to clamp on and read amps and switch it to volts without changing heads 10 times a day. im open to any other brands that might do all this and be true RMS.
    FYI the SC77 IS True RMS.

Post Likes
    well then that might be the one for me. ill have to look at it again

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Vettgetsmwet04 View Post

The SC 46 will give you true RMS and it is smaller and lighter than the SC77 if weight and size are issues for you.
    I have used the heck out of my SC 46 for nearly 3 years on PM and service work. It easily fits in small tool belts and has most features needed for general HVAC service work.

Best Regards
    Lee Adams

Post Likes
    did your lt17a come with the amp clamp? if not you can purchase it seperatly

Post Likes
    What type batteries does the sc 46 use?
    The Bill of Rights ARTICLE II "The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms Shall NOT be Infringed".
    [SIZE="4"]

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by nratom45-70 View Post
    What type batteries does the sc 46 use?
    2 x AAA batteries.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RussellHarju View Post
    2 x AAA batteries.
    That's a good thing! I've eliminated my meters that took special batteries, it's just a pain locating them.
    The Bill of Rights ARTICLE II "The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms Shall NOT be Infringed".
    [SIZE="4"]

Post Likes
    yes my lt17a came with an amp clamp, u just have too pull off the ends and put the amp clamp on the leads coming off the meter, i bought the sc77 and love it much better than my lt17a, much more compact, and can clamp onto anything at anytime with switching the heads

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in