Help Please...IS there a major difference between a Carrier FV4B and an Bryant FE4

I was quoted a 2.5 ton system using a bryant 165a preferred condenser and bryant fe4 air handler. Today they showed up to put it in and had a carrier fv4b air handler. I was never getting an evolution tstat so does it make a big difference? The reason im concerned is because it looks like I wont be at the 2.5 ton system size and I won't get the tax incentive with the equipment they brought unless I allow them to downsize the system. It will only be at 23600 btus. I would be at the 2.5 ton with the fe4 unit and from what I can tell from online that FE4 unit does qualify for the incentive when pairs with the proper 165a condenser. I am thinking that the FE4 costs more than the FV4B and they may be trying to increase their profit. I was told that the carrier is the one that matches up for the incentive but I looked online and it does not appear to be the case for the 2.5 ton system. It would have to be the FV4BNF005 not the FV4BNF003 I was brought. Am I missing something? I don't want the system to be too small just to get the tax incentive either.

the carrier FV4B costs more then the Bryant.
    and I like the Carrier better!!!
    Silent Service........ Death From Below!

Somewhere in Kansas, a town found a village idiot!

you probably got a deal ,carrier and bryant are the same equiptment (or it was when I did residental) ,but the carrier name cost more .one more letter in the name raises the price
    You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was

the fe is evolution, or infinity if you are buying carrier and the fv is just the variable speed 410 a/h. if you're not using the stat it doesn't make much difference

The FE4 is specifically designed for use with the Evolution control and will not work with a standard type 24vac signal stat. It does have a regular terminal strip with normal terminal identifications but is for the non Evolution out door unit wiring if some other non-communicating model is used.
    There is an emergency thermostat function where it will run off a normal stat but it has to be a critical fault and flashing code 16. The FV4 is basically the same fan coil, only non-Evolution compatible so they had to use that one since you are not using the Evolution control.
    And yes, the only difference between the brands is the color of the badge on the front and the price.

Moved into residential

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecarr View Post
    you probably got a deal ,carrier and bryant are the same equiptment (or it was when I did residental) ,but the carrier name cost more .one more letter in the name raises the price
    Not always true,part of why prices aren't allowed here.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    You would be better off with the FE and the Infinity or Evolution Control. IMHO