Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Confused Installer is NOT an electrician

Something is wrong with this picture! Look closely at each terminal on this disconnect.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

that does not meet local code??? i cant see why?

I don't think you need to look to close to see the problem.

i got a nice jolt the other day on a unit that needed to be finished being installed. installers wired up a 208v unit but configured their wires for 110v (1 power, 1 neutral, 1 ground). they had 2 live 110v lines breaching the cabinet ready to get wired up. doh!
    HVAC PRO IN THE MAKING
    NATE's:
    Gas Heat Service/ Installation
    Air-to-Air Heat Pump Service/ Installation
    Air Conditioning Service/ Installation

This unit actually ran for three days before the loose connection blew a fuse.

no qualified and trained person will do a job like this.three days to pop the fuse,lucky it didnt start a fire by the overheating wires melting the insulation only because of jumping out the disconect switch and having loose wire connections under the lugs.

Unfortunately, I've been running into that a lot lately. Dont trust any disconnect, always check for power with a meter. I had one that had a brand new disconnect on it. It had been a 3ph to 1ph conversion. The high leg was hooked up top on the line side, the other two legs were tied directly to the bottom bypassing the disconnect.
    Zach

brew a fluse
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

send them back to school thats not a mistake its ignorance

Drug test em!
    Sound installation practices is the key to success. Equipment is only as good as the person installing it.

If I can't fix it, it ain't broke.

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4freak View Post
    Unfortunately, I've been running into that a lot lately. Dont trust any disconnect, always check for power with a meter. I had one that had a brand new disconnect on it. It had been a 3ph to 1ph conversion. The high leg was hooked up top on the line side, the other two legs were tied directly to the bottom bypassing the disconnect.
    I have to agree. Ran into a air handler the other day. Had a disconnect feeding it. I pulled the disconnect and check power. No power. I take the door off and proceed to stick my hand in the to check some terminals. Bam.....I get juiced....wtf. Come to find out the disconnect was only feeding the transformer, blower, and controls. There was a second feed for the electric heat. And the only way to disconnect it was the breaker.

And I have laughed at fellow techs with their voltage pens.

Wow...Bob Villa's work, right?

Quote Originally Posted by ascj View Post

And I have laughed at fellow techs with their voltage pens.

Like my American Express, I don't leave home without it...it's saved my life several times.
    (The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

Unit was blowing a fuse so they wired it direct.
    Discipline your child so that other parents don't have to.

We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast