Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

HVAC Contractors kill hundreds of people every year.

So, I guess we kill hundreds of people every year?

Watch this video, and dont forget to leave a nice comment.

This is going to be an interesting and entertaining thread.

Excuse me while I go make some popcorn.

Thats exactly what I thought too

Its been posted here before

several times

Just yesterday I heard a local HVAC guy stabbed a customer with Fluke probes after being asked to add freon.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji View Post
    Just yesterday I heard a local HVAC guy stabbed a customer with Fluke probes after being asked to add freon.
    I punched a customer once because he grabbed me by the arm and almost yanked me off my feet because I was walking away from him after he called me an m-f'er.
    Not as lean, not as mean, but I'm still a hardcore, ass-kicking, hard charging Marine! Oohrah!

Well, his numbers are wrong. . .

"On average, about 170 people in the United States die every year from CO produced by non-automotive consumer products. These products include malfunctioning fuel-burning appliances such as furnaces, ranges, water heaters and room heaters; engine-powered equipment such as portable generators; fireplaces; and charcoal that is burned in homes and other enclosed areas. In 2005 alone, CPSC staff is aware of at least 94 generator-related CO poisoning deaths. Forty-seven of these deaths were known to have occurred during power outages due to severe weather, including Hurricane Katrina. Still others die from CO produced by non-consumer products, such as cars left running in attached garages. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates that several thousand people go to hospital emergency rooms every year to be treated for CO poisoning."

I guess you could all chip in and have an attorney write the author of this video a "cease and desist" letter. YouTube might even pull it if many of you complain. I certainly would. He seems to be defaming all HVAC techs.

So isn't this some sort of indirect defamation? Its like me saying thousands of electricians burn down houses a year from faulty wiring on A/C disconnects, so hire me and I will save you. Its kind of a strong-arm tactic to scare homeowners don't you think? Heavy smokers alone can create up to 15 PPM of CO in a home.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThat? View Post
    "On average, about 170 people in the United States die every year from CO produced by non-automotive consumer products. These products include malfunctioning fuel-burning appliances such as furnaces, ranges, water heaters and room heaters; engine-powered equipment such as portable generators; fireplaces; and charcoal that is burned in homes and other enclosed areas. In 2005 alone, CPSC staff is aware of at least 94 generator-related CO poisoning deaths. Forty-seven of these deaths were known to have occurred during power outages due to severe weather, including Hurricane Katrina. Still others die from CO produced by non-consumer products, such as cars left running in attached garages. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates that several thousand people go to hospital emergency rooms every year to be treated for CO poisoning."

I guess you could all chip in and have an attorney write the author of this video a "cease and desist" letter. YouTube might even pull it if many of you complain. I certainly would. He seems to be defaming all HVAC techs.

I would have thought more people would die per year than that.

Doctors kill way more people than that by sloppy handwriting and prescription drug errors.

170/yr is down in the noise. Even 5000/yr is down in the noise

1000/day from smoking
    40,000/yr die on the highways
    5,000/yr from food poisoning
    60,000/yr from guns
    90,000/yr from hospitals
    1300/yr from electrocutions
    55/yr from lightning
    1 injury in 50 yrs from a meterorite

Shh, We are going to have to deal with this guy for Reporting our

"Trade Secert". So lets put a lid on this story ok.

I know I can trust you guy's with this Right?
    Waddya mean don't thaw out the frig with a knive?

Quote Originally Posted by knewguy View Post
    Shh, We are going to have to deal with this guy for Reporting our

"Trade Secert". So lets put a lid on this story ok.

I know I can trust you guy's with this Right?
    So...you sayin' you want me to..."work"... on his furnace?
    If you can't push; pull... If you can't pull; GET OUT OF THE WAY!!

i wonder if this guy and the captain are buddies

either way this marko guy know's just enough to be dangerous, but obviously doesn't know much cause he has to slander an entire industry to make himself feel better.

maybe some random HVAC guy will punch him in the face
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast