Alaska camping trip

I dont warranty Tinkeritus

Funny. We have MANY idjits being rescued every single year. Many of us think that they should pay the full cost.
    There are also some who kill themselves. Darwin award. The Pacific NW and BC Canada have a lot of Darwin candidates every year too.
    Lets go play in the glacier crevasse and after play on in an avalanche. Doh!

Anyone activating an EPIRB for a non-emergency should be given the bill for services.

In winter here in Ontario, snowmobilers who go through the ice and need to be rescued are given the bill.

This also includes recovery of the machine.
    Here's your sign...

I agree that they should pay 100% of the bill.
    Ha that will teach them not to tell campfire stories and scare themselves.
    I dont warranty Tinkeritus

Bill 'em

We had a couple of goobers some time back steal an inflatable life raft off of a cruise ship. They popped the thing open for a joyride down a local river and soon afterward were surrounded by Coast Guard choppers. Seems the rafts come equipped with a self starting EPIRB unit... They got a nice bill too.
    (The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

lolson- you are a funny guy, both for that comment and for the gun logo!